Utah!

And then there was this:
Yodeling/ clucking video Just had to share the link. I laughed so hard, I thought I would share the smiles.

lau.gif

It depends on where she is, in my zone I can have 50 but a friend that lives farther East and South cannot have any. I had a rooster that nobody ever complained about and so I never had an issue (even when the city inspector came to inspect a gas line with my rooster crowing in the coop 15 feet from him). There are 4 houses with chickens within about 600 feet of me (including my own).

There are a lot of chickens in Herriman. As long as you don't keep a roo you will be just fine. You can keep up to 40. 

How much property does she have?

Technically the code says you can have 40 chickens and does not specify sex, but city hall will tell you that they don't allow roosters.

http://www.sterlingcodifiers.com/codebook/index.php?book_id=843
thanks for the info! not sure how much property she has, its in a new neighborhood i know and one of the bigger lots but not a ag zone i guess you would say. will look into it more. this is extremely helpful so thanks again. sounds like she should be able to get away with a small flock of layers no problem :) tho i think in most areas you might be able to get away with that lol.

It depends on where she is, in my zone I can have 50 but a friend that lives farther East and South cannot have any. I had a rooster that nobody ever complained about and so I never had an issue (even when the city inspector came to inspect a gas line with my rooster crowing in the coop 15 feet from him). There are 4 houses with chickens within about 600 feet of me (including my own). 
thanks for the info! will have to look into it more :)

Is anyone looking to add a few more layers and/or broodies to their flock? My mom is moving into a town house at the end of March and just found out she can't have chickens there. She is heartbroken.

If anyone is interested, she has a BR mix that goes broody often, a SLW (hatchery stock), an OE, an Icelandic, a Barnevelder, and a couple others I can't remember. She also has a BR mix roo that is very sweet and three BR mix youngsters that hatched several months ago, I think.

Edit: Oh and a Welsummer (hatchery stock) hen.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom