Utah!

Aww, so happy that she is coming around!
Thanks me too! She is only almost 2 so I was sad when it looked like she may be a goner. I am so happy I didn't just leave her to die. I read a few threads and watched a video where the hens lived so I thought " I may as well give it my all and see if she can make it". My daughter helped a lot by helping to get her a few drinks of the antibiotic water when I couldn't and putting things in her cage to coax her to eat. Today I gave them all sardines reportedly fish oil boosts calcium uptake. I got rid of the rooster that I think was the stressor that may have been the primary cause of the egg upset. Now I will just cross my fingers it was a one time thing, my heart nor my schedule can take much more of that kind of worry. lol

Has anyone here looked at ReStore in SLC for building supplies? They are a building supply thrift store run by Habitat For Humanity. It looks like they get donations from contractors, etc. and sell them below retail with the proceeds going to HFH. I may have to go check them out for coop materials.

Spinning Carrie

Has anyone here looked at ReStore in SLC for building supplies? They are a building supply thrift store run by Habitat For Humanity. It looks like they get donations from contractors, etc. and sell them below retail with the proceeds going to HFH. I may have to go check them out for coop materials.

Spinning Carrie

We have bought some things in there....I think the best thing to find in there is windows, they have had quite a few each time we have visited.

We have bought some things in there....I think the best thing to find in there is windows, they have had quite a few each time we have visited.

We have not had good luck at the one up here. We went often last year while we were building coops. Never found anything of use and eventually gave up. All the windows they had when we went were way too big.

Spinning Carrie

We have one here, and go in once in a while. Just found a deal in fact on some outdoor lights. One of ours had burned out a while ago in the back, big flood light. We got 4 for 10 bucks. Packaged.

Quote: I absolutely love the restore down here in St. George. In fact they have a Ball once a year that is to DIE for and it's this upcoming weekend. I can't wait I just got my dress all finished. Anywho it is an amazing place for any building or gardening supplies down here. Wood, Lighting, pluming, gardening, flooring, you name it they have it dirt cheap.

The RE-store in SLC leaves a lot to be desired. I have not found anything of use. My husband is a glass guy so I get all the windows I want ;-)

Getting ready to pick up chicks tomorrow. Im going to check Cal Ranch for cornish cross first (thanks for the heads up on that one, iv'e really lost my love of CR so had not considered getting chicks there) . If they dont have them, IFA in SLC just got in some Red Broilers so Ill go that route. Im pretty excited.

Let the Saga's begin…

As perhaps noted, I need to catch everyone up here with my Icelandic Chickens aka Viking Hens. A most beautiful and wondrous breed of bird.

I am working on adding a few more pictures to this, so stay tuned to the Viking Sags…

RJ

Last edited:
OK, so I have heard of something akin to 'keeping up with the Kardashings.' I don't watch much TV but understand it is a big deal or thing. Well I am somewhat vexed in my attempts to keep up with a certain member here, from CV whom lives seven miles east of me. Anyway she dun got a pig, and I am looking round and telling the DW we got no pig! (Grammar Intended) and so the search was on, gotta get a pig, and not just any pig, but one that can hopefully keep me in the hunt, or at least vitiable in the chop race.

Well I looked and looked, and what did I find, a very cool, kind of magic pig. I am calling her Zera, and this is her photo.

Now before you cry fowl, this is of the uber rare breed, the Mangalica pig. Look it up… makes bacon and wool fer yer sweatter. Plus if you don't eat them, or wear hem as the case may be, the get smaller over time. (That is the magic pert). So we are doing our part to keep up with, well you know. I got me a pink two-two on order from Amazon…

Have a good one this Sunday evening,

RJ

Back
Top Bottom