Utah!

Hello!

I'm looking for BB red, Black or red Pyle old English game bantam's for my breeding project.

Please let me know if you have any. I'm looking for hatching eggs, new baby chicks or started pullets and cockerels

I'm located in West Jordan.

I am also interested in some Bbs maran's.

Thank you for looking! 🙂

Last edited:
Does anyone here use sand in their coop/run. I’ve been quite pleased so far but it is starting to stink a little. I try to scoop poop daily but just had my fifth baby so it doesn’t happen every day.

Also I’d love any tips for how to help my hens stay happy now that the temps are dropping. We’ve been letting them out to free range for a few hours in the day but soon the 40 degree days will be gone.

Does anyone here use sand in their coop/run. I’ve been quite pleased so far but it is starting to stink a little. I try to scoop poop daily but just had my fifth baby so it doesn’t happen every day.

Also I’d love any tips for how to help my hens stay happy now that the temps are dropping. We’ve been letting them out to free range for a few hours in the day but soon the 40 degree days will be gone.
We've got about 6-8 inches of straw and cedar chips in our pen. It doesn't require hardly any maintenance other than throwing half a bale more in every couple of months. Or pen is enclosed and it's enough to keep the surface dry and that means warm feet.

Our girls roam the yard for a couple hours each evening. I'm sure if it was too cold they would stay in but that hasn't been a problem yet. On the coldest nights, they just roost closer together.

LPeaslee, this is my first try at a wood incubator. From what i have read everyone uses plywood. I went a different route on mine. I don't like plywood due to its unseen flaws and its natural tendency to warp. I wanted to use something more dense and more workable. MDF was the best choice except if you add water to MDF it turns back into a mushy wood pulp product. So i went with Med ex. Its MDF that has been chemically treated to resist water.But this is only the out side shell or frame work. The inside will be made up of 1-3/4" fiber glass panels that are left over from cutting holes in exterior fiberglass doors for windows to be installed into them. Hopefully if every thing goes right there will be no chance of moister even getting close to the med ex shell. When its done the bottom, sides and back will be 2-1/2" thick
Please tell me more about the mdf incubator, I'm concerned with moisture. Can you give me an update on yours, and what you wouldve done or are you happy about your choice? Also what is MED EX?

Back
Top Bottom