Utah!

Brandi texted me to see if I had pullets for sale today. Haha, made me wonder if she was stocking up!

There are two organic/local farms around here that sell their eggs for $4 and $4.5/dozen. So it makes mine look dirt cheap! People buy them all the time here from those two places at the farmer's market. It helps me out!

Yes, the hatching is fun, for sure. I am hoping I am done...famous last words....I am trying to get my bators available to start hatching quail chicks. There is a guy here locally that wants 250. That will take awhile! But I get to have fun hatching, then poof they are gone before they get stinky so it is easy entertainment for this gal here :lol:

I have a guy that thinks my EE eggs are the best and he told me he would pay me $4 a dozen if I have him just the green eggs. I don't know why but who cares as long as I get money for feed. I also sell eggs for $2 a dozen to the neighbours. It pays for my feed an I have little extra to go buy little silkies and others from Cynthia.

I never thought about selling my eggs, I actually hard boil them up when I start getting over loaded, and give them to the girls. I give eggs to a few family members and friends, and the neighbor behind us. I'm going to thin out 5 really soon, so I will be down to 8 LF and 4 Bantams, to make room for my new babies. Plus I just have too many eggs. I don't really mind the feed bill, but must just be me.

I've thought about getting quail now since you all have such good luck selling them off. I think it would be fun to have something that I could hatch out all the time, and get rid of fast. I'm dying to put more eggs in that incubator, its just sitting here, it needs a purpose right? I could probably easily make me a quail coop, and probably get away with a male. We have wild button quail running all over the place here, so I don't think anyone would notice. My girls and their non-stop egg signing all day long hasn't gotten me in trouble yet, and my on EE is the worse. She screams for hours, almost like she is dying.

Oh and the person who took my chicks was named Lily, she was trying with all her might to talk me into letting her take 2 of the 3 from Red, 3 Silkies, and the Frizzle. I let her pick out 2 of the Serama/Silkie Chicks because I hadn't really thought much about them, they all look alike, so I let her see them all to pick which ones she wanted. I only charged her $2.00 per chick, so she was like I will pay you $5.00 for the EE ones and then $6 for the Silkies, but I couldn't part with the ones for Red for the life of me, and of course she wanted both Chipmunk Silkies and the Dark Chocolate ones, and I couldn't part with those, she could have taken one of the buffs, that I wouldn't have minded. I told her I would keep her number and if I changed my mind I would call her.

Is anyone going from Logan down south toward Kimmypie? Kimmy-if we don't get these down to you, I have SBEL's hatching in two weeks from Cream Crested Legbars/Leghorns. They will have crests and possibly some barring. I know I will be coming to SLC right after that.
I can wait for the Legbar/Leghorn cross. I really wish I could make the drive up there! With half day kindergarten my free time is fairly limited. :) I will be getting some other chicks soon, but maybe I will wait a week or so so the age difference won't be so big. I really want a leghorn and a marans (and a blue egg layer from you) to add some different colors to my egg basket. Whenever I give away eggs people go crazy for the green ones. Oh and they love Welsummer eggs as well.

I just gave some eggs to a new neighbor last week. She said she only eats white eggs and was afraid to get chickens (all of my neighbors are getting chickens...who am I going to give eggs to??) so I gave her some of our eggs to try. She said she liked them better than her store bought white eggs so now she doesn't have to stick to leghorns. People are funny.

I have a few from this hatch if we find a ride soon. Or in two weeks, we can definitely try again. I am hoping I will be coming that way again soon, but not sure. Our granddaughter lives that way and just turned 6, we were supposed to go see her but her other grandma is in the hospital so we are waiting to find a better time to go visit. I understand about the time restrictions for sure! My life is crazy. Lol. Sometimes my daughter goes that way too, so I will holler if something works out.

I am coming up to Logan and then heading back down to South Weber, if I can still be of help. I have no idea where you are asking though.

I have a few from this hatch if we find a ride soon. Or in two weeks, we can definitely try again. I am hoping I will be coming that way again soon, but not sure. Our granddaughter lives that way and just turned 6, we were supposed to go see her but her other grandma is in the hospital so we are waiting to find a better time to go visit. I understand about the time restrictions for sure! My life is crazy. Lol. Sometimes my daughter goes that way too, so I will holler if something works out.

I don't know how the quote thing works, but if you want to work out a half way meet, I can bring the little ones down to where I am and she can get them from me. I am in South Weber.

Brandi texted me to see if I had pullets for sale today. Haha, made me wonder if she was stocking up!

There are two organic/local farms around here that sell their eggs for $4 and $4.5/dozen. So it makes mine look dirt cheap! People buy them all the time here from those two places at the farmer's market. It helps me out!

Yes, the hatching is fun, for sure. I am hoping I am done...famous last words....I am trying to get my bators available to start hatching quail chicks. There is a guy here locally that wants 250. That will take awhile! But I get to have fun hatching, then poof they are gone before they get stinky so it is easy entertainment for this gal here
lol.png

Yeah, so it was a no go on the chick... Oh well! It sounds like you are having an easy time getting rid of them, which is great!!!

Hey all!

I am looking for some adult Coturnix or A&M, and wanted to know if anyone in the Salt lake area was breeding and had availalbility.

Thanks!!

Tom

Back
Top Bottom