Utah!

Hey all,
For all the duck lovers out there: There's a duck in my front yard. He/she just randomly came here and doesn't seem to have any inclination to leave. I figure she might be attracted to our chickens. She almost seems tame although she does back away when I come within about ten feet of her. Is she sick? Maybe she is lost? Wild? Who knows. Anyways, for those who know ducks: a few questions... 1. Gender? 2. Breed? 3. How old is it? (not hearing any quacking just little chirps...) 4. Does it look wild or domesticated? 5. Does it look healthy (I guess she could just be too weak to fly any further....)?
Anyways, I am in Syracuse and if any of you from around here have lost a duck that looks like this one I think I may have found your duck!
Thanks!

She looks like a mallard hen Throw her some bread or scratch

I need to re-home this beautiful guy who we thought was a gal. If you're interested let me know(I'm in American fork)

Hello Utah!

I am a new member and wanted to see if there are any fellow chicken enthusiasts in southwestern Utah? I'm stationed on five acres just outside of St. George. I used to be very involved in the Wisconsin poultry community with my dad when I was a teenager (I'm 26 now), and I'd like to make some connections here in Utah. Anybody have tips on shows/breeders/events/get-togethers? I'm especially interested in finding local breeders. I used to breed to standard (Buff Brahma and Modern Game), but am currently more interested in breeding for colored egg production. I have a mixed laying flock, and will be projecting with EE's in the near future.

Thanks all! I'm excited to join the community. :)

Back
Top Bottom