Utah!

Whittni, awesome pictures! Love your birds. Congrats on doing so well!

Kidasoto, I have seen my Marans lay an off-white egg once, when she usually lays creamy brown. I think her paint sprayers were off duty that day. It could be that one of your brown egg layers had the same issue.

Okay, here's my new steed:

Red, that is a nice looking truck! I really like it. I would love to have a larger truck, and with a nice big cab like that. We have the small cab. Guess we won't be using it much anyway with Austin gone. Maybe some grandkids, the smaller the better with these smaller cabs..lol.

Woohoo for red! Nice ride!!!

Sasha thanks so much for letting me know, I am getting on the phone with you as soon as i am done here.....

My polish, Cosmo, just got defaced by a hawk. :hit I am completely stunned. she was in the little pen, I had taken the bigger teens out, put them in the run, she was in there alone, and a mean old big bird just jumped in there and took the side of her face off, she must have been killed instantly, the hawk took off, left her there, I am completely shocked, stunned, sad, cannot believe that just happened. Poor little baby :( I feel bad I did not put her back in the garage. She looks bad, my son was sooooo mad, this one was his. So much work trying to find him the breed he wanted, and she was so itty bitty and cute.

Back to 27. Argh!

Nooooooo. Lisa I'm so sorry!
hit.gif
That makes me sick to think about it. Have you had hawks before this? Poor little. I feel so bad for your son! I know he has been wanting a WC black so bad. Dang hawks!! Sad day. You have not had good luck with those baby Polish. So sorry this happened.
By the way I would have done the same thing leaving her by the other chickens. She would have hated being by herself. Does your son have a BB gun or sling shot? Oh man I would be tempted. Just sick for you.

Last edited:
Oh man Lisa..so sorry..we had another close call the other day, think I wrote about it, I am so scared this is bound to happen to us. This hawk just keeps coming around knowing these chicks are here, and just waiting for the right time.
Oh man, was this a bantam Polish? I know he wants white crested, but I will have the black crested..show him pictures. They will be here next week. Bless his heart! ...aunti, my son said the same thing when I told him about this..he asks, do they have a sling shot?
Oh man.....

Thanks guys. Makes me mad more than anything, could have easily been prevented. Grr! Hattie you are right, the polish luck has been crazy. I have had 7 total, 2 died, 3 were boys, and 2 remaining. Sheesh. Gives me something to do next Spring now I guess :rolleyes: This last one was sure the most perfectly sq one I have had. May have to try some from her again next time, really good ones!

Whitt, forgot to say congrats on your fair entries, I am so glad for you! Pretty pretty birds. We did not make it to our fair, we had planned a few entries and the day they needed to be down there we just could not make it work. Hopefully next year!

I know!!!

CONGRATS!!! WOw, those sussex are pretty, I have a light brahma, and I love that columbian pattern on their necks and little bit of black on their tails.. so, it looks like your sussex won, and what else??

Lisa... so sorry about that chick!!! Sheesh, that's the wraps when you have a preyed upon animal, it's just always a possibility... so sad!! Hopefully Sasha can help you and DS be happy happy again..

Speaking of, Happy, your post always make me
lau.gif
... You're funny!!

Last edited:
Hey, I think I remember someone saying they were trying to find a home for some bantam cochin hens. Is that right or was I imagining things? You never know with me
tongue.png
My mom has a little cochin that is currently living with 4 silkies and she is the odd man out. She would like to get another one so that she can feel more comfortable (you know the saying, "birds of a feather flock together
wink.png
). She was raised with and hangs out with the silkies but she just doesn't quite fit in. My mom takes AWESOME care of her chickens so she would be a great home.

Back
Top Bottom