Utah!

so driving down 9000 s today on the side of the road there was a guy selling statues out of the stock building supply parking lot and one of them was a 7 or 8 foot tall leghorn rooster! i tell you it was huge and beautiful! i so want it but i am poor. if you are in the area today you should check it out
smile.png

ep.gif
You know I love my leghorn! Where do you put something like that? Hey, it just may keep those hawks away...LOL

That would be so cool....Should have gotten a pic!\

So here are the eggs we are getting now. One of the cuckoo's are darker than the other. Wish I knew which was which. And Jessi's little egg from the Old english. She is so proud and excited to eat them!
Now those are nice looking eggs. Isn't it just fun to get the eggs..I still love collecting them, and if one of chickens that laid is right there..I say thank you. Yep, I'm a chicken person.

don't forget if you have an extra female that I want a white with a black crest. They are so cute

I only have a few left now, and I am going to keep them to watch them, and I won't know the sex for a while. I'll just be watching and hoping I get a girl. Would you be interested in any turkens? I have some set, and some coming from a gal that lives up by Fish Lake. She is young, and this will be her first time shipping. She is a bit worried, but I told her how I like to get mine..and it isn't with bubble wrap! So, Wed. I should get them from her. I will have a lot I think. I can't believe the size of the ones I set already! Wow, I had heard that they lay nice eggs, but these eggs are all big, and all are different colors! One is even a cream colored one with speckles. It will be interesting to see this gals eggs. I guess they lay often too? I'll take that.

I have two new babies. I finally got a couple of showgirls. I think they are both white..they are still sticky, because I helped them out..wasn't taking any chances. Still young, so I hope they do well. They have the muffs and bowties!

Now I have more in that I got as replacement. I hope I get some..I still want that partridge.

:eek:   You know I love my leghorn!   Where do you put something like that?  Hey, it just may keep those hawks away...LOL
i dont know where i would put it but i want it lol. i would of stopped to get a picture but my baby niece was in the car and she does not like the car stopping lol. but it was a beautiful glossy white with yellow legs and a beautiful red face. it was a work of art for sure. yesterday i saw my little sis get married so that was something very special to see. i also have not been able to work on my coop in a week because i banged my thumb with a sledge hammer right on the knuckle and badly bruised the bone, i still cant bend it or anything so this is going to make it a lot of fun getting the rest built lol.

I only have a few left now, and I am going to keep them to watch them, and I won't know the sex for a while. I'll just be watching and hoping I get a girl. Would you be interested in any turkens? I have some set, and some coming from a gal that lives up by Fish Lake. She is young, and this will be her first time shipping. She is a bit worried, but I told her how I like to get mine..and it isn't with bubble wrap! So, Wed. I should get them from her. I will have a lot I think. I can't believe the size of the ones I set already! Wow, I had heard that they lay nice eggs, but these eggs are all big, and all are different colors! One is even a cream colored one with speckles. It will be interesting to see this gals eggs. I guess they lay often too? I'll take that.

I have two new babies. I finally got a couple of showgirls. I think they are both white..they are still sticky, because I helped them out..wasn't taking any chances. Still young, so I hope they do well. They have the muffs and bowties!

Now I have more in that I got as replacement. I hope I get some..I still want that partridge.

I was told the Turkins Lay longer than most chickens as long as 5 years with high production. They do lay nice big eggs. The reason they are such multicolored effs is they cross a turkin with about any breed and still get the look. Pretty much like the show girls

That would be so cool....Should have gotten a pic!\

So here are the eggs we are getting now. One of the cuckoo's are darker than the other. Wish I knew which was which. And Jessi's little egg from the Old english. She is so proud and excited to eat them!

Congrats they are beautiful. Now you need some blue and olive to add to your collection

Anyone have eggs due to hatch this weekend? 8 due to hatch tomorrow 7 Black Wyandotte Bantams and 1 BBRed OEGB, maybe.... power went off for 7 hours a couple weeks ago. They are all still wiggling about in there...
Loving the pics of all the colors of eggs.

Anyone looking to get a kitten?? We had a young female cat dumped on our property last fall. She had kittens approximately 7 weeks ago. After a month of establishing a feeding spot and routine, we set the trap out yesterday and caught momma (who my husband named Ninja last fall when he could not catch her) and her 4 kittens. We placed one kitten this morning, but still have 3 more. The kittens are orange with white face, buff/cream, and black/white. Ninja is a very pretty calico and we are definitely keeping her. Hope she can learn to adjust to being a domestic indoor/outdoor kitty (after she is spayed and kept inside for a while).

Here is our newest family member, Ninja:

She is sure beautiful! I really like the way her face is orange and her ears are black. You have a good heart and she was sure lucky to get dumped at your place.

Back
Top Bottom