Valentine's Day 1st Annual Hatch Along

My first one is out! Many more pips!!!!

Aww, look at all the cute little chickies! So neat!

Our first one is out, meet Uno!

No other pips yet. This little one is trampling all the other eggs and making my heart skip beats, I guess they all do this but man is it nerve wracking!

Aww, look at all the cute little chickies! So neat! Our first one is out, meet Uno! No other pips yet. This little one is trampling all the other eggs and making my heart skip beats, I guess they all do this but man is it nerve wracking!
That is so cute. I named my first chick i hatched in the NYD Hatchalong Uno too! She is the only chick I kept from that batch.

The largest egg has hatched, I'm hoping it's just tired, had a bit of blood, bit more than I've seen with the others...i know some is normal.
Most of the others should be hatched by morning, all left are pipped

I have got alot of dark chicks this hatch. Can't wait to see their fluffy butts in the a.m.

One question...if too many chicks are in the incubator will thus drive humidity up??
I vented a little today because the chicks were not drying.

It is at this point, with day 20 in the rear view mirror and day 21 bearing down with no pips or peeps at all to keep me balanced, that I begin to obsessively wonder whether I have KILLED THEM ALL SOMEHOW. Although this has never happened, I still think it, seriously consider it, every.single.time.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom