Valentine's Day 1st Annual Hatch Along

It is at this point, with day 20 in the rear view mirror and day 21 bearing down with no pips or peeps at all to keep me balanced, that I begin to obsessively wonder whether I have KILLED THEM ALL SOMEHOW. Although this has never happened, I still think it, seriously consider it, every.single.time.
I have one out & cheepin up a storm and I am wondering the exact SAME THING about all the rest of mine, lol!

I have got alot of dark chicks this hatch. Can't wait to see their fluffy butts in the a.m.

One question...if too many chicks are in the incubator will thus drive humidity up??
I vented a little today because the chicks were not drying.

Yes, those wet bodies will raise the humidity a lot... I had a large hatch do the same thing, had to finally break down and scoop some out cuz they were all still wet after a night and a day...

My first fuzzle!!!

When I got home from work I had 3 pips and now I have 4. Not a whole lot of action in the incubator at this point, but there is some cheeping. I seem to remember this is how it went on the last hatch, and then suddenly at 3 a.m. I had chicks running around the incubator. Maybe I'll get a good nights sleep since I set the eggs later in the evening than I did last time.

We only have 4 people entered in the Guess How Many Contest so far!

Please PM me if you want to enter and guess, all are welcome to guess!

If you set eggs for the HAL, please PM me your original set number of eggs!

This is the only time I will tag anyone I've seen on this thread, so please get your guesses in soon! Win your choice of 2 books!!! :D

@ChickyChickens @DarthRooster @paris_r @StephensonC @darkbluespace @Jessshan8 @wornoutmomto3 @FuzzyHens @SallyinIndiana @taymar's flock @Mazmanian @Alaskan @gogetter @La Casa de Pollo @HerbGir1972 @HickoryHollow @Lapeerian @sarahandbray @DevilsDenHen @robgray @emvickrey @LPeaslee @haTHOR @bekkanblue @gimmie birdies

Thanks for a very awesome HAL!!!
And send in those #'s!!! :D

Ok so far most of the dark chicks look the same, I think I had 9 of Alice the Wyandotte's eggs in there. The are black on the back greyish on the belly white up to the neck with some yellowish on the sides.
Two little yellow marks from the back beak extending about 1/3 under the eye. And light tipped wings.
I believe the too to be the WCBlack polish, I see a Sligh bit of cresting on a couple.

All but 1 blue egg are still in. Saw cresting on the one already hatched.

Two minky babies from ppr

And the one very Ee babe from a rir hen.

I'm taking a nap. The big guy is moving around a bit raising head and trying to stand. Feel more confident now about its going to make it.
Really think I need to go get a larger brooder in the a.m.

We only have 4 people entered in the Guess How Many Contest so far!

Please PM me if you want to enter and guess, all are welcome to guess!

If you set eggs for the HAL, please PM me your original set number of eggs!

This is the only time I will tag anyone I've seen on this thread, so please get your guesses in soon! Win your choice of 2 books!!! :D

@ChickyChickens @DarthRooster @paris_r @StephensonC @darkbluespace @Jessshan8 @wornoutmomto3 @FuzzyHens @SallyinIndiana @taymar's flock @Mazmanian @Alaskan @gogetter @La Casa de Pollo @HerbGir1972 @HickoryHollow @Lapeerian @sarahandbray @DevilsDenHen @robgray @emvickrey @LPeaslee @haTHOR @bekkanblue @gimmie birdies

Thanks for a very awesome HAL!!!
And send in those #'s!!! :D

I'm confused! What happened to the info I sent to Dragonclaw?

Back
Top Bottom