Valentines Day Hatch-A-Long 2016

I don't think any are fertile. The pores on all 7 of my eggs are horrible as well.I will check again on day 14,but if i still can't see anything, i'll be cracking them all then.

7th day progress: 2 definitely look good, 6 clears (infertile? or just too scrambled from shipping to have developed maybe?) 2 blood rings (which I removed) 4 too dark shelled to tell for sure either way, and the rest are "maybes" right now.

I hate having a cold!!! I want to candle Soooooo bad.
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
yes I have an addiction. Is there a BYCA?

Last edited:
I hate having a cold!!! I want to candle Soooooo bad.
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
yes I have an addiction. Is there a BYCA?

How does having a cold affect the eggs? I've had one for a couple days now, i always wash my hands before turning the eggs,and they are in cartons so i don't actually touch them. I don't purposely breathe inside the incubator,but isn't it the oils on your hands what could affect the egg? That's what i'm worried about with candling.

How does having a cold affect the eggs? I've had one for a couple days now, i always wash my hands before turning the eggs,and they are in cartons so i don't actually touch them. I don't purposely breathe inside the incubator,but isn't it the oils on your hands what could affect the egg? That's what i'm worried about with candling.

Always the chance of coughing or sneezing while you have it open and contaminating the eggs. Or dropping a perfectly fine one. Either on the ground or in the incubator. I wash always but still. With my daughter recording the whole thing for class I error on the side of caution. If I feel better tomorrow I'll candle.

Me too. I couldn't help it. I HAD TO SEE!!! It looks like 8 quitters or not fertile and maybe 1 blood ring. But solid 30 clean development.
1f60a.png
1f60a.png
1f60a.png

Always the chance of coughing or sneezing while you have it open and contaminating the eggs. Or dropping a perfectly fine one. Either on the ground or in the incubator. I wash always but still. With my daughter recording the whole thing for class I error on the side of caution. If I feel better tomorrow I'll candle.

Oh,the cough only comes at night.conveniently enough to keep me up. Lol.I think its just a sinus drip.i just didn't know if humans cold virus absorbed into the shell or something. I'm not worried about dropping,like i said, they are in half egg carton trays,and it takes like 3 seconds to turn all mine.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom