Valentine's day hatch-a-long 2017

gimmie birdies

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Feb 12, 2013
Eastern WA
I have 11 eggs that are five days along (incubator), and just heating up a dozen (some in incubator, some under broody bantam)My second batch I hope will hatch late on VD or possibly the day after. Mystery eggs from near by farms. Good luck all!.

Last edited:
Good luck to all of you who have hatch dates for Valentines Day!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
I found my camera! so these are my homemade incubators...(these incubators are filled with eggs from near by farms. my eggs were not fertile...below is the crock pot incubator due on the 9th...
this egg is on day 18 and you can see a bit of bobbing in the air cell, but not in the photo.

I got a doz. from this gal but one was not fertile, and one stopped developing so far then 10/11. 6 look great 5 look fine but maybe behind the first 6.
2 EE and 8 brown

in this one I currently have eggs from 2 different farms than from the above eggs. some are due on the 14th, some are due on the 16th...
below I just picked up another foam ice chest from second hand for 1 buck.I am going to try my own eggs in it, after I find out if it holds heat good...

Well we had a horrible set back and lost almost all eggs in my hatch. Threw out 25 last week and had 15 possibles go to lock down on Thursday. Today I went to clean out the incubator to find a pip!!! So excited she is not out yet so I'm waiting. Hoping another pip will show so I have 2 babies.

Yeah, I'm so excited someone finally started a V-day Hatch-O-Long. I just set 7 Swedish Flower Hen eggs tonight that will be due to hatch on Valentines day, and I have another 12 that are on day 14. Good luck.

You too, I have a couple of SFH, hatched from eggs from a friend, I want to get more though, they are white ones, with flecks, but I want some gray ones she has.and all the colors.

Back
Top Bottom