Vermont

Pics
I was really hoping to get everything planted this weekend, but I got too caught up finishing up my coop. I guess I got lucky, but I'll have to find time during the week to move all of my seedlings outside.

GAH! This darn chill will not go away. Raced out last night to get those tomatoes covered.... and rain coming this week. We're never going to get this garden rolling this year!!!

Darn weather!
barnie.gif
First frost, then floods! If my poor seedlings survive all of this, they will be tough as nails.

On the plus side, my 5-week-old chicks seem to be doing well even if they don't feel like playing out in the rain.

Summer will come!
wee.gif

I think I actually need to turn the heat on this evening, it is so raw. It is May 27!!!!!!

Moved my chicks to a big dog crate (still inside) with lots of branch roosts. They are so happy! I'm starting to give them a few veggies and fruits (just a little at a time). Our run is almost done outside. Still needs predator-proofing. Hopefully by the time they feather up, it will be ready for them! (they're about 3 weeks today).

Quote:
No kidding! Have you planted everything? We still have our peppers to get in and it seems like it's never going to happen. Looks like RAIN through Sat at least.

I'm not too happy about the rain-through-Saturday thing, since our daughter's getting married that day in Rutland! The night before we'll have everyone from the rehearsal (plus a few extras) over to our house for a casual dinner...fair weather would be nice.

Maybe it will run out of steam. Hard to believe it's still so soggy even after this long (since Tuesday night).

Good luck with the wedding!

My girls are 3 weeks old yesterday, they have been outside once, last Thursday when we hit 85 and SUNNY in the afternoon I put them in a penne din area. Do any of you remember "SUNNY"? I have only fed the chicks their Chick Staeter, I have to start them on some other food like veggies and grass. I still have the heat lamp on them keeping it above 80 degrees and i have had a fire in the woodstove the last few nights because it is raw here also. We had a wood duck stop by our pond this morning, a single male. If this rain doesn't stop I'll start growing webbed feet also. Half of my garden is planted, I have to re plant my corn, it didn't make it :-( and my tomatos, lettuce and peppers are still in pots. Maybe this weekend they will get in the ground.

Russo, are your Golden Comets three weeks old? That's what I have and I'm still trying to figure out if I have a rooster or not. I have one with a head that is a little lighter than the others, but other than that very similar.

I agree it has been unbearable this week!!!

Russo's Roost :

My girls are 3 weeks old yesterday, they have been outside once, last Thursday when we hit 85 and SUNNY in the afternoon I put them in a penne din area. Do any of you remember "SUNNY"? I have only fed the chicks their Chick Staeter, I have to start them on some other food like veggies and grass. I still have the heat lamp on them keeping it above 80 degrees and i have had a fire in the woodstove the last few nights because it is raw here also. We had a wood duck stop by our pond this morning, a single male. If this rain doesn't stop I'll start growing webbed feet also. Half of my garden is planted, I have to re plant my corn, it didn't make it :-( and my tomatos, lettuce and peppers are still in pots. Maybe this weekend they will get in the ground.

No, I definitely do NOT remember "sunny"! I think I need a sun lamp to keep happy right now
tongue.png
. This is nuts.

All I can say is that we better be paying in for good weather this summer. Last summer was a TOTAL bust in the garden with wind, hail, rain every weekend, and darling downy mildew. I will scream if we have another summer like that.​

Back
Top Bottom