Vermont

Pics
Unfortunately, I am birdless at the moment, but have raised chickens in the past (usually 36 layers and 150 meat birds at a time), but I will be starting again with layers in the spring and already excited about it....Buff Orpingtons, my favorite chix of all!

Buff orps are great, I have about five or six myself. Just hatchery stock, so nothing fancy. I went to a show this September and saw real buff orps, and wow, are they stunners! And much bigger than hatchery orps too. Gorgeous birds.

Greetings From Orleans County! Anyone local to the NEK have any fertile hatching eggs. Looking for all types of poultry, fowl & game birds for an ongoing homeschooling project.

Greetings From Orleans County! Anyone local to the NEK have any fertile hatching eggs. Looking for all types of poultry, fowl & game birds for an ongoing homeschooling project.

Hey, I'm over here in Barton. If you want some fertile eggs just PM me. The birds are on strike right now but recently started supplementing light and expect them to start up soon. I have one breed of large fowl chicken- Silver Pencilled Rock. Maybe you saw my pair at the Orleans Fair.

Hey, I'm over here in Barton. If you want some fertile eggs just PM me. The birds are on strike right now but recently started supplementing light and expect them to start up soon. I have one breed of large fowl chicken- Silver Pencilled Rock. Maybe you saw my pair at the Orleans Fair.

That's great. We always go to the fair and check out the birds. I'd love to get some fertile eggs from ya. I'l shoot ya a PM for sure!

Hey all, I hope everyone is staying safe in this lovely weather today. I started a thread today following months of researching and looking around for where I could locate some chickens locally. I figured I would share the link here and see if we can't get some content into that thread and share some knowledge and promote some local business. If anyone would like to add or refer people to the below thread on Breeder/Hatcheries in New England, I would appreciate it. I just had a real difficult time trying to find people in the area and was hopeful of compiling a resource for people looking to keep their business local or looking for specialized breeds in the region. Thank you!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/breeders-hatcheries-located-in-new-england.1220496/

Hey! Haven't been on this forum for a while! I'm in Shoreham starting up another flock of layers this spring. Breeding for egg color, meaty breasts, and non agressive roosters towards people. My favorite breed is the Dominique. Will have a small flock of EE, OE, BCM, Light Brahma, Gold and Silver Laced Wyandotte. :)

Back
Top Bottom