Vermont

Pics
Where did you get your eggs from? If I did more research, id be interested in hatching and raising one. Already, threw it out there to my husband and he is on board. He always supports my crazy endeavors!

Well, the breeding season runs from November to March, so you're probably out of luck this year as far as getting eggs goes. But, you can find breeders online who sell and ship eggs. My first baby I won in a raffle on Facebook, actually. The next two eggs (didn't hatch, one made it all the way to term but then sadly never pipped) I bought from a breeder on eBay, and the last egg that I'm still waiting on to hatch I got from a different breeder on Facebook.

Also, as with all types of livestock and birds, they need a companion of their own kind so make sure you get at least two :) Which means if you're going the egg route you probably want to buy four or five eggs to make sure you get two to hatch.

Hello, I lost 3 sex links in one day/night any idea what type of animal would take all 3? Also I'm ordering more chicks (from ideal?) My sex links did fine except for the predators. Any recommendations for layers better suited for VT? Also I want to raise a couple ducklings with my chicks (they'll all be Pullets) meat and/or laying ducks, what's the best duck for Vermonters? (There is water on the property, but not readily available, and I don't want them wondering that far anyway.) A lot of questions there. Thanks!

Hello, I lost 3 sex links in one day/night any idea what type of animal would take all 3? Also I'm ordering more chicks (from ideal?) My sex links did fine except for the predators. Any recommendations for layers better suited for VT? Also I want to raise a couple ducklings with my chicks (they'll all be Pullets) meat and/or laying ducks, what's the best duck for Vermonters? (There is water on the property, but not readily available, and I don't want them wondering that far anyway.) A lot of questions there. Thanks!

Sorry for your loss. My Buff Orpingtons were a GREAT choice for Vermont.

Fox take all the birds they can. No chicken breed is a match when you have a predator problem. Batten down the hatches on the coop and freerange when your home or the dogs are there to guard them (I have 2 herding dogs that keep watch). After that - almost any bird works here. I have marans and had a Cochin that fared the worst - frostbite on their combs. But I still keep them.

I am looking for some colored egg layers to add to my growing flock, anyone got any for sale? anything from 8--16 weeks old, might trade for a silver laced Wyandotte, but prefer to buy outright. Blue, green, or speckled eggs, or another fun color!

Hello VTers,

I'm looking to rehome some of my roosters as I make slow exit from chicken keeping. Currently available are two white Silkie crosses and three Faverolles. They currently live together as a flock, and they're pretty peaceful. However, they can be the occasional butthead to people.

FREE! I'll come to you.

Back
Top Bottom