*** (( VIDEOS )) BUILDING A MEALWORM FARM and RAISING MEALWORMS! (( VIDEOS )) ***

Thank you for posting these videos!!! They are awesome. I don't care much for bugs, but I've got to try this!!!!

O no problem at all:) I am just happy they are helpful! I will be adding more and more as time goes on. As a matter of fact I will have another one posted tomorrow I am hopping!

Stay tuned:)

They help me also! I just found my first beetle yesterday hiding in the substrate~! I have lost soon many worms I was starting to worry. I have 10-15 black worms a day, not sure why. But I have lots of worms and lots of pupae and now a beetle!

They help me also! I just found my first beetle yesterday hiding in the substrate~! I have lost soon many worms I was starting to worry. I have 10-15 black worms a day, not sure why. But I have lots of worms and lots of pupae and now a beetle!
Make sure things stay dry and use carrots for water. I have found they work best:) BREED BEETLES!! LOL!!

I posted a blog about building this mealworm farm if you guys want to have a look!

http://homefarmideas.blogspot.com/2013/08/building-mealworm-farm.html

Great videos!
Have you tried superworms? They are like the hulk version of mealworms and the chickens love them. I just started a similar set up but with superworms. The only difference is the worms have to be separated for about two weeks to turn into pupae and they can bite which I'm not crazy about but basically the same set up. The things I do for my peeps! :)

Great videos!
Have you tried superworms? They are like the hulk version of mealworms and the chickens love them. I just started a similar set up but with superworms. The only difference is the worms have to be separated for about two weeks to turn into pupae and they can bite which I'm not crazy about but basically the same set up. The things I do for my peeps! :)
Thank you! I am happy you like the videos:)

I was going to do supers but I knew about those things you just brought up and I did not want to deal with separating them to let them turn into beetles. I also want to use my mealworms to feed to fish so I needed the worms smaller:)

If I find the supers a problem I might go your route and do the mealies instead. They look more harmless and less threatening. Crawly things are not my favorite. Love the videos keep them going! Im going to check out a few others you have.

Got some more updates on my mealworm farm you guys:) Are any of you starting a mealworm farm to give your girls some great treats over winter?

This video is all about the mealworm eggs and babies:
0.jpg

My worms are growing really good! These are mini worms and they are on there way to be feed to my chickens:)
0.jpg

Last edited:
You know what, here is all the video's in there order:)

Video 1

0.jpg

Video 2

0.jpg

Video 3
0.jpg

Video 4
0.jpg

Video 5
0.jpg

Video 6
0.jpg

I really want to do this. I just have to talk the husband into it...he says no bugs in the house. I thinks he is afraid they might escape.

Back
Top Bottom