Virginia

Cubalaya,
When the gamefowl were first born you mentioned that you'd like to see pics when they get older. They turned 6 weeks today. Sorry the pics aren't high quality, the lil' buggers are quite fast and I'm getting slow..;0)

We are new "chicken peeps" in Chesapeake. If anyone here knows of a chicken keepers guild, or would like to work with me to start one, please let me know! We'd love to know folks nearby to share information and perhaps chicken-sitting for the occasional vacation.

This seems pretty strange. I picked up the egg and it 'clanked' against another in the basket, pretty hard. When I unloaded, I checked to find it was cracked almost all the way across the shell, but not through the inner membrane. I set it in the egg monkey and the next morning it looked like this. The crack was totally sealed up...

This seems pretty strange. I picked up the egg and it 'clanked' against another in the basket, pretty hard. When I unloaded, I checked to find it was cracked almost all the way across the shell, but not through the inner membrane. I set it in the egg monkey and the next morning it looked like this. The crack was totally sealed up...

temperature fluctuations will do that some time. I put a hairline cracked egg in the refrigerator and and after cold you need to really look hard to see a crack.

I just wanted to say hello. I am in SW Virginia near Lexington. I will be getting some golden lacewing wyandotte chicks from my mom in the next few weeks once our coop is finished and a predator proof run is up. I have been reading the forums and all the articles I can find about raising chickens and am looking forward to getting started.

I just wanted to say hello. I am in SW Virginia near Lexington. I will be getting some golden lacewing wyandotte chicks from my mom in the next few weeks once our coop is finished and a predator proof run is up. I have been reading the forums and all the articles I can find about raising chickens and am looking forward to getting started.

Welcome to BYC, newpeep!
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom