Warhorse Game

Winggedheart

Songster
9 Years
Dec 18, 2010
Ringgold
Hi everybody, I'm wondering if any of you game-chicken keepers know anything about the Warhorse breed? I came across the name while looking at some pumpkin hulseys, and was quite curious, so asked a local Pump. Hulsey breeder if he knew anything about them. He said that he's never owned one, and that they're very rare now, and most likely not in pureblood.

Quote:
Go to the link there is a good right up about them there.
ultimatefowl com/wiki/index.php?title=Warhorse

Chris

Like Bacon Warhorse? Saw a huge handsome black rooster at a flea market once and was admiring him when the guy told me he was a Bacon Warhorse. Looked it up and it was originated by Col. Tom Bacon (which happens to be my husband's name, minus the Col. part--mine was a Master Sgt in the AF). I have seen pics which lead me to think the the flea market guy was full of baloney because none of the pics online look like that rooster I saw, nor does the description sound like him.

BACON WARHORSE: Originator, Col. Thomas Bacon, S. C., 1850’s. Bloodlines: Baltimore cock X John Stone Irish Gilder hens. Description: Black, black with lemon hackle and saddle, st. comb, dark legs, daw or hazel eyes.​

Quote:

A flea market chicken peddler, full of baloney? Surely not....
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:

A flea market chicken peddler, full of baloney? Surely not....
smile.png

lol.png

Seriously, though, is there a Warhorse that is not a Bacon Warhorse? I'm not into game chickens, personally, just wanting to clarify.

I believe some simply refer to a black gamecock as a warhorse. Not sure why, or if that is correct terminology, but I know I have heard them referred to as that.

Back
Top Bottom