WARNING PICS.. Nasty butt we need a clue and a cure

I don’t see any prolapse. If it’s there you definitely know. I’d have to go with vent gleet. Never dealt with that but from what I’ve read a lot of treatment has to do with diet. I know there is an ACV treatment. Usually when you give a chicken a CV in their water it’s 1 tablespoon per gallon but for vent gleet It was one and a half tablespoons per 2 cups

There is no prolapse currently, and it looks more like just build up of runny droppings to me. Usually with vent gleet you will see some redness and irritation around the vent along with a smelly, mucousy discharge. Here is another link with info on that and some more pictures and some treatment suggestions: https://www.tillysnest.com/2012/12/vent-gleet-prevention-and-treatment-html/
There are some other things to consider as possible causes. Internal parasites, which can cause runny droppings, has she ever been wormed or had a fecal float test done?
At her age reproductive problems can cause pressure in the abdomen which can make it harder for them to push droppings out and can cause dirty butt feathers. Check her abdomen below vent and between legs for any bloating that feels hard, tight, or like a water balloon. In your pictures after the bath, to me it looks a bit bloated, but it's up close, so maybe just the picture is deceiving. You can compare with another bird if you aren't sure. And do you know when she last laid?

There is no prolapse currently, and it looks more like just build up of runny droppings to me. Usually with vent gleet you will see some redness and irritation around the vent along with a smelly, mucousy discharge. Here is another link with info on that and some more pictures and some treatment suggestions: https://www.tillysnest.com/2012/12/vent-gleet-prevention-and-treatment-html/
There are some other things to consider as possible causes. Internal parasites, which can cause runny droppings, has she ever been wormed or had a fecal float test done?
At her age reproductive problems can cause pressure in the abdomen which can make it harder for them to push droppings out and can cause dirty butt feathers. Check her abdomen below vent and between legs for any bloating that feels hard, tight, or like a water balloon. In your pictures after the bath, to me it looks a bit bloated, but it's up close, so maybe just the picture is deceiving. You can compare with another bird if you aren't sure. And do you know when she last laid?
Very good questions. When is the last time she laid? Any other symptoms she’s having? How have her droppings been looking

I have not wormed no float test. I am getting less eggs I think it is the heat. I will keep her in until she does lay just to be sure. Going to blow dry will feel her pelvis then. And try to get another pic. I touched her neck, she was in front of me so when I touched her neck she gave me "the submissive squat" and was waiting to be fertilized . I don't know if that accounts for swelling.

Yes it would be good to keep her inside for the moment to see if she lays and to see how her droppings are looking. Fecal float is probably the best way to tell what’s going on but I know in some areas they’re just about impossible.

image.jpeg
SUPER HARD TO GET PICS WITH DRY CLEAN FEATHERS!
if I need better ones I will get help from my son.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg She actually said,
"why are you all up in my fluff today"

Ok now that I see the pics on line, I will go get my son.

She does not feel hard kind of like a jelly filled water balloon not squishy not hard.

Let us know if she does lay an egg and check to see how her droppings. Is she acting OK otherwise
She can’t be too upset she just had a nice chicken spa day

Back
Top Bottom