Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

What impresses me even more, is your DH is a big-shot Microsoft computer-programming engineer !!!!!!!!!! How come he cannot fix your puter ?
idunno.gif
In her defense, we Microsoft widows don't have our experts home long enough to solve computer problems. They do seem to have time to muck with them so normal users can't even get email sometimes. Lol.

I too am a Washingtonian. We are recognizable by the complete lack of tan. We tend to mildew and rust rather than retainn color. The infernal rain hardly lets up except for the two weeks we get of summer. However we have some of the most beautiful woods to be found in the Pacific NW. Fishing is good, hunting is phenomenal (according to hubby, I couldn't kill a fly) and our birds here can rough it through the wettest of days. Go Washington.

Speak for yourself, westie ;) I have a lovely tan!! Of course, the downside to that is the 100 degree weather that came with it...YUCK! I much prefer your landscape and climate to mine, but who knows if I would still say that if I lived there!
WELCOME!!!

Speak for yourself, westie ;) I have a lovely tan!! Of course, the downside to that is the 100 degree weather that came with it...YUCK! I much prefer your landscape and climate to mine, but who knows if I would still say that if I lived there!
WELCOME!!!
I have a really nice tan. But I had to work for it because it rains 300 days out of the year here.

WELCOME!!!
I have a really nice tan. But I had to work for it because it rains 300 days out of the year here.

Also, Bossy Bantams, what bantams are bossing you around? I've got Barbu d'Anvers, and they are beyond bossy, those tiny mites!

Last edited:
Hi there! I live in Elma, Wa, I have 3 Ameracauna chickens (2 hens and a roo), my broody hen is sitting on 18 eggs (thanks to her sister for laying on top of her). I've candled my eggs and they are running from 2-4 days apart in age, so we should see chicks sometime within the next week or so. *fingerscrossed* Last time she had 17 under her we ended up with, one live chick, one dead and a bunch of rotten eggs, hense the reason I candled this time ;)

Hmm, must be nice. I can't stay out in the sun for more than 30 minutes or we get this annoying biting black flies that terrorize us. Not sure what they are but they make life miserable for all,. Stll tho have been an Oregonian/Washingtonian for 40 years and I still act surprised every year at how much rain and how cold etc. You would think I was new here:D

welcome-byc.gif
to all the new people!

As for tans. I usually have some from mowing. When it takes 4-5 hours to mow, even on cloudy days you get some pigment. Only during winter when the grass slows down and I don't have to mow for a couple months do I pale up a bit.

Oh, I can tell my chickens are adapted to the wet. They will seek out the low spots and hunt for water bugs and stuff in the mud. I'd don't know what it is they find, but it has to be good for so many of them to be standing in water and shoving their heads under repeatedly.

Only the silkies don't hunt for food like that. They have their own bad habit of rubbing their heads on the wet grass to soak their crests and slick them back so they can see.

Quote: Software guys are not hardware guys, though, nor are they tech support guys, oh, boy are they not tech support guys. My husband's long career is built on that dataset.

Exactly! At parties whenever someone asked about my profession.... I lied because they expected me to know all about hardware. It's like asking a dentist about the pain in your rear because he's called "doctor".
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom