Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Hi all! Been a while since I've posted. I currently have a couple of chicks due to hatch Friday to put under a broody hen. I would love to add a few more to the group at the same time if I can find someone who will have some babies hatching about the same time.

Currently looking for -

Me: Leghorn, Australorp, Orpington (Basically looking for heavy laying large egg breeds. White or Brown)
Wife: LF Cochin. Pref Blue, Splash, or Laced
Daughter: Hamburg, Spangled Orloff, or a Mille Fleur (If you have a contrasty / flashy looking small/bantam breed let me know, she's not 100% set on anything.)

I know it is a tad early to call, but...

One of my chicks is bigger than most of the others. It's wing and tail feathers are LESS developed than the others, but its comb-to-be is wider and a tad more puffy than the others.

Who wants to take bets?

So my buff has had no improvement, it's day 3 now..

It feels a bit cold to be asking, but I've been thinking of getting a lavender orpington.. Are there any breeders around for them?

Did you give her the calcium? It really sounds like she has a broken egg inside her. If you don't get it out it can cause an infection. If she is eating, that is a good sign. Give her the calcium first.

So my buff has had no improvement, it's day 3 now..

It feels a bit cold to be asking, but I've been thinking of getting a lavender orpington.. Are there any breeders around for them?

Did you give her the calcium?  It really sounds like she has a broken egg inside her.  If you don't get it out it can cause an infection.  If she is eating, that is a good sign.  Give her the calcium first.

I will break some up for her when I get home, I don't know if anything can really hurt too much at this point..

I know it is a tad early to call, but...

One of my chicks is bigger than most of the others. It's wing and tail feathers are LESS developed than the others, but its comb-to-be is wider and a tad more puffy than the others.

Who wants to take bets?

Oh... and it was also the lightest of the 8 chicks.

So, lost 2 and at least one of remaining 6 may very well be a rooster. Grrrr!

Quote:
Thanks, she is okay just very very old. Tomorrow is cataract surgery on her lazy, nearly blind eye. Until she got macular degeneration in her "good" eye a few months ago she didn't really use it. Now the lazy/blind eye is her good eye, so we're doing what we can with it. For anyone considering living a very very long life, I would recommend against it, it's anything but enjoyable.

Orla apparently needed some cuddle time with me lol

I'm not really joking about those lavender orpingtons though, they are beautiful!

My Big Mama chicken laid her egg finally, so I think she will be ok for now.. but I have been thinking of getting another chicken~

Back
Top Bottom