Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Selling baby bantam chicks, 11 total. Asking $1.50 each, take 1 to 11 no limit. Can't tell what's going to be hens or roosters sorry. They are a mix of our flock. They are a mix of Barred Rock Bantam, Rosecomb Bantam are our roosters & the hen is Belgian d' Anver that hatched them out. One chick has feathered feet so that is either from a Golden Lace Bantam hen or a Buff Brahma Bantam hen. I will be taking them to the Enumclaw Auction in 2wks if I can't sell them online. I'm wanting to get back into more standard size birds. I picked up 2 big chicks at Coastal today & the mother hen won't except them wanting to kill them so we kicked her out & put in a light. They hatched over 2 days Aug 25th - 26th, so about 4 days old.
Might give a try to graiglist see if the will you
post at the feedstore or grocery maybe

Hello fellow Washingtonians, I'm new to this forum, so I just wanted to stop by this thread and say hi!

I live in Monroe, and I have a post in the introductions section if you want to find out more about me and my flock.

Welcome to the group here

How are you tonight

Was well. I can eat tortillas fine.

So today I found out that acids can throw off hydrometer readings and that kombucha can't get above 2% unless you add yeast at the beginning or use grains with it. The acid producing bacteria in the scoby prevent it. That diluted distilled white vinegar they sell in stores showed as 1%.

Next bottle of raw apple cider vinegar I buy is getting tested. I just dont have enough left but I'm curious.

So kombucha creates several compounds besides the alcohol that have a higher specific gravity than water. That makes hydrometers inaccurate for it. I learn something new each day.

See I had never heard of kombucha google tells allot that and tortillas has the benefit
of being anytime meals... I came across a chicken dish with lasagna noodles I
am trying tonight ... the little chick's I picked up from chickenmomma16 are so
cute put your hand in the cant wait to run up into sit in your hand

I miss having chicks run up to me. The downside of letting broodies raise them.

Only Angel brings her chicks to me, but she was hand raised by the person I got her from at 8 weeks. She snuggles still anytime I'm actually sitting outside. Her brother Duke was the sweetest rooster ever

See I had never heard of kombucha google tells allot that and tortillas has the benefit
of being anytime meals... I came across a chicken dish with lasagna noodles I
am trying tonight ... the little chick's I picked up from chickenmomma16 are so
cute put your hand in the cant wait to run up into sit in your hand

I wish I could have kept that batch! Both my broody hens this time were broody raised themselves but I still hand tamed them and bribed them with mealworms. Mealworms are pricey but well worth having tame hens when they are older. This other batch of chicks I still have are being raised by a first time laid back broody. They are not as eager to come to me even when the hen calls them over to my hand. One of them is down right suspicious of me!:gig Probably will be a cockerel too! Only 5 left to find homes for ;)

First two days with broody after chicks hatch. "Hi big chicken thing!"

Day three. "OMG! It's going to eat us! It's got dipping sauce and we're mcnuggets!""

Yikes......where is everybody ??????????????? You can tell the weather in Washington, by the speed of the BYC Washington Thread !!! :frow I wanna go fishing in the worst way~~~~~~~~~the river is just right there across the road calling y name !!! Then I have to finish these paintings~ I finished the Calico Kitten, now finishing 'Abigail's House' ......and I am soooooooooooooooooooooo in love with this old house !! Not done yet....but will be soon................
God blessed you with this gift. I still havent figured out my gift... some day.

these are still running into my hand intend to move them from the crate
today into the bachelor pad just

finished the last of the wire going up, may have to put it off a day we have moisture in the air
I think it is called rain?

Hi all, I have done numerous searches and I can't seem to find anything. Are there any regular poultry auctions or swaps north of Seattle? I did see one in Chehailis and of course the Enumclaw auction.

I have a couple of cockerels that I need to get rid of and wanted to try and do it that way first (before sending them to the pot). I may also try Craigslist.

Back
Top Bottom