Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I'm not sure...I know that the Oregon thread is doing one...but it's like an 8 to 12 hour drive (one way) for me...so I was thinking maybe Wenatchee or something? It's still about two hours for me and about two hours for everyone else...or so...and October?? Maybe??

I could hang up my hatchet as well...so where is a good halfway place ?

I'm not sure...and this would be dependent on the road & pass conditions, too...usually North Cascades is closed in the fall....so I'd probably go 97 towards Wenatchee...

OK Halfway would be what...Sultan ?
Go on to Monroe ?
hu.gif

Oh I gotta hit the sack...check the 3 brooders and 1 incubator one more time,, and check them all again 2 or three times in the night~~~~~
1.gif

I forgot to tell you all that yesterday we heard the most horrific cocaphony...on the side of the hill in the pasture where our Cuckoos and Brahmas are, and 2 Keets.
The keets think a Cuckoo pullet is their mother, they wre raised together but the pullet actually feeds the keets and acts as a broody hen would !!!!!!!!!
lol.png

But yesterday it was some kind of crisis..all the hens running, keets doing the "machine gun" alarm so loud you could hear it in downtown Raymond...and we finally saw the Cuckoo pullet running with a snake...garter snake about 18" or so...she had it in the middle and the keets were trying to get a bite, and the hens played tug of war with the snake and finally we saw no more of it.
I have seen a chicken 4 mo old swallow down a snake that size like it was a piece of spaghetti !
No more than a big worm, right ?
Bed time !
2.gif

Anyone going to the Evergreen State Fair in Monroe? There has been a cougar spotted very close to our home. I feel that our chickens are very well protected, they have a pretty large coop and run. I feel kinda bad sometimes that they are not free ranging though. I can't wait to see the chickens at the fair, my daughter is showing horses at the fair as well. I got my first egg from one of my Plymouth Rocks at 18 weeks, last Friday, yeah.

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
.........ahhhh another robin ?
and g'night to everyone !
3.gif

I wish it was raining here, we are so dry and have been so hot !!!!!!!!!
Not a drop of rain, yet tons of HUGE clouds go wizzing by...

Quote:
I'll be there to day at around 1. MAybe we could hook up in the poultry area if you are there? Cel# is 206-954-0603
smile.png
Kim

Last edited:
I will not get to go this year(to the Fair), but will be cruising to Monroe tomorrow for a chick-keet-possible bird swap we are planning at Monica's, details are with her, but I will get into town about 8-9 AM.
Thoughts and prayers right now as we speak, Daddy is undergoing that giant kidney stone lasered into smaller, passible pieces.
All the chickies are doing fantastic...still not a drop of rain here !
sad.png

Maybe RareFeathers can carpool with a few others to drive over for a swap in the future ?

And I still have a nice Cuckoo Marans rooster, 4 1/2 mo old, yet to crow, nice bird, free or he goes in the weekly rooster pot pie next week.
ep.gif

I got 4 hatches from the 1 doz RIW's, 2 eggs still in the bator, no sign of life but the hatch was due today...so all 4 hatched yesterday, and I hope these last 2 hatch today.
4 clears, 2 addled.
Hopefully the 4 will have both sexes !
RIW's are so super hard to find !!!!!
clap.gif

They are hanging out in the upper brooder with Mark's lavender orp babies !
Yellow and lavender fluffies !
love.gif

OMG! Fish Hatchery Road Fire in Republic...see ?
I was freaking about fire every summer when we lived over that way...there are alot of people burned out right now, in shelters with the red cross, so scarey !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hide.gif

Fish Hatcheries fire grows to 400 acres near Curlew Lake

by KREM.com

krem.com

Fire-in-Republic-004-%282%29.jpg

REPUBLIC, WA. -- Firefighters with the Washington Department of Natural Resources are working to put out a wildfire that started outside Republic in Ferry County.

The fire, called the Fish Hatcheries fire, started Thursday afternoon near Curlew Lake on Highway 21.

DNR estimates the fire is about 400 acres, burning in grass, timber and brush. At least one out building has been damaged by the fire.

The wildfire is threatening homes, and the Red Cross has set up a shelter at Republic High School.

Viewers took pictures of air support dropping water on the fire.

More information will be posted. Stay with KREM.com.

Our first egg!!!!!!
wee.gif
ya.gif
clap.gif
celebrate.gif
love.gif

It looks way lighter in the picture but it is actually a pale green egg!!! Just what I wanted!! Everybody got extra peas and lettuce today for the egg celebration!!!

50515_0827000914.jpg

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom