Wedding Songs

I walked down to aisle (actually a path to a gazebo) to Unchained Melody by The Righteous Brothers. It was "our song", because we had been highschool sweeethearts before, and had gone our separate ways after high school and found each other after 10 years.... Oh, my love, my darlin, I've hungered for your touch, a long lonely time.....

Even though I was married for 9 of those years, I never forgot about him, and even longed for him...wondering if my life would have been better if we hadn't split up.
And he even said he never forgot about me, but thought he would never have another chance because he knew I had gotten married.
We have been married almost 16 yrs. now, and whenever we hear "our song" we hold hands and gaze into each others eyes and sing to each other, sometimes dance if we are not in public LOL....mushy right?

Quote:
I know exactly how you feel!My husband and I were also high school sweethearts and went on to marry THE OTHERS! This was in the eighties. We began dating in 2000, married in 2002 and are still happily married. We were soulmates! We did the JP thing (not to my liking) I wanted to celebrate! He's a real homebody, hermit type and I am the opposite. We didn't have a wedding song but our song is Love Me Tomorrow. Anyone ever heard of it??

How would it be if immediately following the ceremony I sang:

I wish I was single again
I wish I was single again
O, when I was single, my pockets did jingle
An' I wished that I was single again

Well, I married me a wife, o then, o then
I married me a wife, o then
I married me a wife an' she's the pest of my life
And I wished that I was single again

Well, my wife took a fever, o then, o then
My wife took a fever, o then
My wife took a fever and I swore that I'd leave her

Well, I wish I was single again, again
And I wish I was single again
For when I was single, my pockets did jingle

My wife, she died, o then, o then
My wife, she died, o then
My wife, she died an' I laughed till I cried
To think that I was single again

Well, I married me another, o then, o then
I married me another, o then
I married me another an' she's th devils grandmother
And I wished I was single again

She beat me, she banged me, o then, o then
She beat me, she banged me, o then
She beat me, she banged me, she threatened to hang me

We're getting married in October and I have NO IDEA what our song will be.
big_smile.png
"Suds in the bucket" by Sarah Evans has been "one of our songs" the past 4 years we've been dating cause it's basically the story of how we started dating.
big_smile.png
Right down to the white pick-up truck.
big_smile.png

Our was always "Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton.

After 19 & 1/2 years, it still gets us. If I want to make my wife cry (in a good way), it'll play it on the guitar and sing it to her.

Last edited by a moderator:
I walked down the grassy path to the theme song music (not words version) of the Princess Bride-love that movie
big_smile.png
After our vows, we walked back down the grassy path to Queen's "Another One Bites the Dust". We are kind of unconventional
lol.png

Bamagirl,is it the Love me Tomorrow by Chicago? (was an 80's girl myself)Our song was supposed to be Show me Heaven off the Days of Thunder soundtrack. Got to the reception and the cd wasn't in the case, it was at the house in the cd player!
barnie.gif
Have no idea what we ended up with, something the dj picked out. Good thing I didn't care!

Back
Top Bottom