Welcome to BackYardChickens Mobile BETA!

Thanks for all the feedback! As of last week we started to automatically detect the device you are on when browsing BYC and if it is a "mobile" device we automatically show you the mobile version of the site. Everyone should see the switch on all pages, and everyone should automatically get the right version of the site by default, but you can always switch which version of the site you see: desktop or mobile. Remember that once you use the switch, we remember your choice. Using the switch effectively disables auto-switching for that device (clearing cookies should allow auto-switching to work again).
I love the mobile version! It looks great and is ready to use. The only problem I'm having so far (and I might be missing something) but I can't find a way to bump or close a classified from the mobile version. I'm also getting a bunch of ads, even though I am a platinum member.
Aside from that, this is fantastic#

We are focusing this first version of the mobile platform to the most commonly used features. Future support of other features are in development.

Is this the intended to layout with multiples layers of ads?
Android 4., native browser.

I'm not 100% but I think there are some changes coming down the pipe. I'll keep you posted as I hear more.

Okay two things I see as potential issues for me, and maybe the fix is here and I'm just not seeing it.... I don't like that we can't see the poster location or any of the info we can see under their log on name in the computer version of BYC, and I don't see how we can change subscriptions to the things to which we are subscribed.

For this first version we're focusing just on the main features to keep things streamlined and super fast. If there are other features you need, go ahead and use the "desktop" version on your phone.

I am not getting email notifications through the mobile app. But maybe that's because of the notification system in the app itself?

You shouldn't have an issue as the mobile version of notifications should be the same as the full desktop version. If you continue to have problems, let us know as many details as possible (see the note in blue at the top of the mobile forum section for the details we need to troubleshoot).

Thank you, thank you, thank you for everyone's hard work!!! It works perfectly on my iPad. No problems have arrived thus far for me. It pulls up wonderfully on my iPhone too. I love how quickly things pop up, it's clean looking etc.

One question I do have, in my profile I have ads to not show, however in the mobile I show ads in between the threads. Is this something y'all are working on or is there something else I need to do on my end to turn those off?

Thanks again, great job!!!
1f44d.png

I first noticed it last night on my Ipad. I really am not a "change" person, especially if there is a learning curve, but I found it flowed nicely, very easy for me to use, and seemed quicker than on desktop version.

Thanks

Wont let me post pictures, after I click the picture, it just takes me back to the thread and erases my reply I typed. I also noticed its freezed for about 20 secs the first time I tried to reply to a thread.
I'm on a Droid 3.

Edit: went back and tried it again, it worked this time. I tried 3-4 times before when it didnt work.
Also sometime the menu doesnt show up when I hit the little button, its blank, but I can click the empty space and my subs or inbox, like the buttons are still there, but you cant see them.

Last edited:
I'm having trouble uploading pics from my iPhone 4. I have been able to upload photos previously. I have tried several times with no luck. Any suggestions?

I'm just hitting the upload pic icon in a reply box of the thread I was on. Then choose upload from my device. Select my pic and hit upload. It processes like its uploading, but after its finished there is nothing there in the text box. I even hit reply just to see if maybe it was there and nothing. I'm using iOS6.

Back
Top Bottom