Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Ok... Seeing that no one at this early hour objected... Here goes.
I would really just once like to see my son without them running out ditching the kids with us. We don't get vacations so we generally just come down on the weekends once in a while.
We got in yesterday at 6 pm. Kids got home from work at 7. We sat here with the grands till they showed up. Jeremy ran me to the parts store and we came back here.
I sat down ..... And my wife says to me. "We're watching the kids tomorrow."
So let me get this straight.... We are only going to be here Saturday.... Cuz Sunday we are going to head over and spend that with my other son and grand kids.
But now we apparently will be here watching the grands while they go out on the town this evening.
Now.... I've gotten scolded on this thread before because I was complaining about just feeling like a babysitter..... But can you get my point.
I love my grands and do spend a lot of time with them..... But dang it...I would also like to spend some time with my son.
A few weeks ago when they dropped the grands off for the week at the house.... They dropped them off on Friday.... Took off and ran around Marquette for the weekend (they had rented a four bedroom Cabin on Big Shag Lake). They came back to pick up the youngest (Alice) on Sunday. Never spent any time with us...(We know out DIL doesn't like to come to our place as she grew up in a wealthy household).. Today they have some running around to do.... Then they are taking off bar hopping for the evening ..... We are getting up in the morning and going to my other sons house.
I guess my thought is.... If you don't wanna spend time with us... Quit inviting us.
He did this same thing to his brother.. Treated him like his personal baby sitter/ dog watcher........ Now they don't talk anymore.
My wife and I never went out when the kids were growing up. And when Kacy was little the boys got stuck watching her once in a while..... But not a lot.
I love my grands kids. .... But darn it I want to spend some time with my son as well.

PASS THE CHEESE..... I'LL WASH IT DOWN WITH MY WHINE..!!!!

Well... I was NOT raised white trash..

But look at my front door!!! :th

View attachment 1736423

Wow! How far have I fallen?? Can we please blame it all on spouse? Yeah, let's. :rolleyes: :he

Well... lost the W2 for kid 3... his boss is in South America at present... unreachable. Whatever. :rolleyes:

Other 2 working kids owe taxes... crazy. Even the "barely employed " son. Spouse and I get money back. :idunno

What’s wrong with it? :confused:

I would really just once like to see my son without them running out ditching the kids with us. We don't get vacations so we generally just come down on the weekends once in a while.
We got in yesterday at 6 pm. Kids got home from work at 7. We sat here with the grands till they showed up. Jeremy ran me to the parts store and we came back here.
So let me get this straight.... We are only going to be here Saturday.... Cuz Sunday we are going to head over and spend that with my other son and grand kids.
But now we apparently will be here watching the grands while they go out on the town this evening.
Now.... I've gotten scolded on this thread before because I was complaining about just feeling like a babysitter..... But can you get my point.
I love my grands and do spend a lot of time with them..... But dang it...I would also like to spend some time with my son.
A few weeks ago when they dropped the grands off for the week at the house.... They dropped them off on Friday.... Took off and ran around Marquette for the weekend (they had rented a four bedroom Cabin on Big Shag Lake). They came back to pick up the youngest (Alice) on Sunday. Never spent any time with us...(We know out DIL doesn't like to come to our place as she grew up in a wealthy household).. Today they have some running around to do.... Then they are taking off bar hopping for the evening ..... We are getting up in the morning and going to my other sons house.
I guess my thought is.... If you don't wanna spend time with us... Quit inviting us.
He did this same thing to his brother.. Treated him like his personal baby sitter/ dog watcher........ Now they don't talk anymore.
My wife and I never went out when the kids were growing up. And when Kacy was little the boys got stuck watching her once in a while..... But not a lot.
I love my grands kids. .... But darn it I want to spend some time with my son as well.

Have you ever said anything to your son about it? Or does the wife not want you to mention it?

My hubby used to be the one who would acquire all kinds of crap and we had lots of piles of junk. He was better at actually making use of stuff though, or finding someone that needed it. Now I seem to be the one that doesn’t want to throw anything away. I think ‘how could I use that in the coop?’ :D

Here ya go... from further back:

View attachment 1736584

And then towards the shop and barn:
View attachment 1736586
That trash box got busted up(green thing with blue tarp)... just over time... been using a tarp for part of the lid all winter... snow is about gone now... so Monday's job will be to rebuild the box before the bears find it. :oops:

There are more snow machines and 2 4-wheelers over by the coops
I don't see the problem; has that "lived in" look.

TOTALLY understand! That is the major upside that I remind myself of occasionally to all our kids living so far away from us. We live too far away from them and anything they would want to do to just "drop off the kids" to visit grandma and grandpa while mommy and daddy go.......... It would be nice if they could/would visit more often but when they do, they ALL visit :D

I used to save everything.... I'm getting better at not doing it.... The last couple years I start looking harder at stuff...I start really thinking about how little time I have.... And if I can realistically use and item or not.
If it's been around a while and I don't foresee I'll be getting to it any time soon.... It's going bye bye.... When stuff is unorganized it seems to really hamper my ability to get a clear vision of what I'm trying to accomplish.... So that is the direction I'm starting to go with my stuff
I used to have a young manager who claimed that every so often he'd go through the house & toss anything he didn't recognize or hadn't used in 6 months or more. Made no sense to me; no telling when a use for something will come along.

As for "piles", our back porch would definitely look like Al's front porch (and our tiny front porch as well) if I for more than a few days slacked in my diligence of patrol. DH has learned over the years to not leave me alone on the place for too long or he will return to a cleaned and organized garage! The horror!!! :eek: It's amazing how he somehow just "appears" if I happen to enter it or what once was the cottage but has morphed into his workshop and junk suppository east. We actually live here so I am not a fanatic about piles, they just need to be at least organized piles that make sense and still allow the space they appear in to still be able to be used for it's original purpose (like entering the house) and wherever possible kept out of immediate view. So, I guess that means I am the one to blame for our having so many so-called out buildings. :lau I have come to accept that we have different organizing styles (most of the time). Even tho my style still reigns inside the house (carburetors can be repaired on the kitchen table of course, they just can't live there) his side of the bedroom is his and I just (pretend to) do not look that way when his dresser and bookcase disappear under "stuff". He just knows what I mean when he asks me for something and I refer him to area of his "black hole" :gig

Back
Top Bottom