Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Just did a quick candle on day 5.  All 5 AC eggs have veins, as well as 3/4 of the others.  Don't think my Marans x is doing anything though, and my 2 green Halfloffbar eggs are almost impossible to see through.(But pretty sure I saw veins)

The AC air cells are so much bigger than the others, so I upped the humidity a bit.  Official candle is on Friday.

Awesome on the ACs. What happened to the 6th? And good luck on those dark eggs.

my hatch is done :pop   87.5 %, pretty darn awesome for shipped eggs :celebrate

i remember you saying they were all boys but thats all i remember

Again I'll say that's fantastic!

lol, there are only 2 people in the company that know how to do what i do, her and i
i love taking time off and coming in to see her after 

Ugh. I am doing 2 jobs now because I'm the only one who can. The other lady has cancer and won't be back to work. It's not a fun kind of job security. :( they'd be screwed if I walked out.

Awesome on the ACs. What happened to the 6th? And good luck on those dark eggs.
Again I'll say that's fantastic!
Ugh. I am doing 2 jobs now because I'm the only one who can. The other lady has cancer and won't be back to work. It's not a fun kind of job security. :( they'd be screwed if I walked out.
:hugs
I was also wondering about that sixth egg

There was one egg with an internal flaw/thin spot that was weeping due to the change in altitude.  It wasn't something that could have been seen without candling.  Since it also had a rolling air cell (none of the others even had a visible air cell) I decided not to set it.

This was taken after I had dried the egg off.

Last edited:
There was one egg with an internal flaw/thin spot that was weeping due to the change in altitude.  It wasn't something that could have been seen without candling.  Since it also had a rolling air cell (none of the others even had a visible air cell) I decided not to set it.

:thumbsup

There was no smell, it wasn't rotten, but I thought since the shell integrity was already breached the chances were pretty good it could get bacterial contamination. I didn't want to put the other perfectly beautiful eggs at risk.

Back
Top Bottom