Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

I got a couple new pics of my momma bird and a couple of her babies.
I still couldn't get all 4 to peek out from under her at the same time, but I got two!

True, it is easy, because we have the right to arm ourselves, if we choose. I'm very glad that these things don't happen there. But I still like having the right to defend myself, and not have to break any laws to do it. I am a small-framed female, barely 100 pounds, but I carry a 9mm pistol each and every day. And I legally conceal it. I wish there had been someone carrying in that night club that would have pulled and shot the guy before he took out so many people. It does happen, I wish it happened more often. We will never get rid of the crazies in this country!! If we make it harder for law-abiding citizens to own weapons, then the idiots will always have the upper hand, because they will still find ways to get them illegally. They go into situations prepared to die. I want them to die quicker, before they can take out innocent law-abiding folks.
"We will never get rid of the crazies in this country!! If we make it harder for law-abiding citizens to own weapons, then the idiots will always have the upper hand, because they will still find ways to get them illegally. They go into situations prepared to die. I want them to die quicker, before they can take out innocent law-abiding folks." but if that was the case then there would be more shootings here in europe. But there aren't. I know that you couldn't take away all the guns now because there are so many people in the US, but it should be much harder to get a gun permit. I know you must be used to carrying around a gun, but that just seems so weird to me. I'm also a girl, I live with my mother and sister, but I don't feel scared to walk around without a gun because no one else has one. I find the idea of owning a gun really crazy, not trying to be rude, it's just a huge cultural difference. It honestly ruins my day when I hear about these shootings. So sad.

Where would they conceal their weapons ?

I was in a Monday morning hurry and hit "submit" too soon. Honestly, I like it better that way
cool.png

I got a couple new pics of my momma bird and a couple of her babies.
I still couldn't get all 4 to peek out from under her at the same time, but I got two!

Very cute, WV! Cant wait to get my leghorn roo and re-start my project!

"We will never get rid of the crazies in this country!! If we make it harder for law-abiding citizens to own weapons, then the idiots will always have the upper hand, because they will still find ways to get them illegally. They go into situations prepared to die. I want them to die quicker, before they can take out innocent law-abiding folks." but if that was the case then there would be more shootings here in europe. But there aren't. I know that you couldn't take away all the guns now because there are so many people in the US, but it should be much harder to get a gun permit. I know you must be used to carrying around a gun, but that just seems so weird to me. I'm also a girl, I live with my mother and sister, but I don't feel scared to walk around without a gun because no one else has one. I find the idea of owning a gun really crazy, not trying to be rude, it's just a huge cultural difference. It honestly ruins my day when I hear about these shootings. So sad.
Squirrel!!!

And a few cute little 2-week old Serama pics.

And Dragon Juice and babies.
She must think my phone is dangerous.
She's ok with me standing nearby, but bring out the phone to get a pic, and the Dragon comes out!

Of course not. But my point is that it's too easy to get hold of a gun. it doesn't happen here because no one owns a gun.

Lsky,

I'm not sure where you live but I would bet my next paycheck that there are a large number of citizens in your home country that possess firearms. I've been in law enforcement in the southern U.S. for thirty-three years, carried a side arm everyday I went to work, never had to fire it at anyone. I have encountered many, many people with firearms and the vast, overwhelming majority of those people possessed those firearms illegally. We have a lot of laws in place to prohibit unlawful possession of firearms but not the manpower to enforce them. The U.S. has always been home to violence since its inception. I wish that were not true but it is and we can't deny that firearms have played a major role in our past and present. I have no problem with stricter gun laws in the U.S. and in fact I think it's necessary. I don't mind if the government conducts a thorough backgrounds check on me which could take several weeks or even months prior to my purchase of a weapon. I'm willing to do whatever it takes to end mass murders in the U.S. and across the world but motivated criminals and terrorists don't abide by laws in the first place so it will have no impact on them whatsoever. The Oklahoma City bomber used an explosive mixture of common fertilizer to achieve his terroristic goals.

Back
Top Bottom