Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

My babies needed more than luck. One dead chick, five poults including Oregon Gray. And they were there under the heat 24 hours or more :gag

6 chicks in the hatcher, though.

Last edited:
frow.gif
making jewelry battling the ick

Feel better soon!

I'm trying to watch both the race and the ballgame at the same time... Picture in picture.... It's so hard to do at the same time.....
hmm.png

We're flipping channels between the race and The Masters.
thumbsup.gif

Last high school baseball season for our youngest. They have only lost one game and are ranked #1 in the state. We had our NPIP/AI inspection last week. Mrs. Oz had a surprise birthday part yesterday. It was the only weekend all our children could visit. It's been a doozy of a Spring so far! I've missed chatting with you guys!

OZ!!
hugs.gif

Hi all! I didn't get on yesterday so I hope I didn't miss anything!

The thing at TSC was fun, the other person who was supposed to come and have a booth just never showed up, so it was just me. It was okay though, I brought chicks, ducklings, and juvenile pair of ACs (who got a lot of comments) as well as an incubator to demonstrate incubation.

I got lots of questions, gave out my info to some people and have already gotten emails from people wanting to buy some ducklings or chicks. So I think it was a success.

I did have to get a little rude with a woman though. She saw the ducklings and said she wanted one. I told her she needed two. She said again to me she just wanted one. I told her that she really needed two were she to get any for the animals' well-being. She said "Yeah but I only want one."

So I looked her right in the eye and said, "Then you shouldn't have any." Don't think she liked that. I think it might have embarrassed her in front of the people she was with. Oh well, serves her right.

The thing at TSC was fun, the other person who was supposed to come and have a booth just never showed up, so it was just me. It was okay though, I brought chicks, ducklings, and juvenile pair of ACs (who got a lot of comments) as well as an incubator to demonstrate incubation.

I got lots of questions, gave out my info to some people and have already gotten emails from people wanting to buy some ducklings or chicks. So I think it was a success.

I did have to get a little rude with a woman though. She saw the ducklings and said she wanted one. I told her she needed two. She said again to me she just wanted one. I told her that she really needed two were she to get any for the animals' well-being. She said "Yeah but I only want one."

So I looked her right in the eye and said, "Then you shouldn't have any." Don't think she liked that. I think it might have embarrassed her in front of the people she was with. Oh well, serves her right.

Dummies just don't understand. :/

Last high school baseball season for our youngest. They have only lost one game and are ranked #1 in the state. We had our NPIP/AI inspection last week. Mrs. Oz had a surprise birthday part yesterday. It was the only weekend all our children could visit. It's been a doozy of a Spring so far! I've missed chatting with you guys!
Sounds like you have been busy - and you've been missed around here!

My babies needed more than luck. One dead chick, five poults including Oregon Gray. And they were there under the heat 24 hours or more :gag

6 chicks in the hatcher, though.
hit.gif

Congrats on the chicks though!

Good for you for trying to make a difference! Nice job. Some people just won't listen.
he.gif

So far I am really happy with the Freedom Rangers. Even though they are only a week old, they are doing fine in an outdoor brooder with their hover. They eat and poop a lot, but not as wet and messy as Cornish Rock. They are very active and very athletic. They act just like normal chicks, but after one week they are double the size of the chicks I hatched the same time they were hatched.

Freedom Hatchery says start them off on 22% but I started them on 18%. I don't like feeding too much protein until they are growing well. I'm switching them over to turkey starter now and they will stay on that until they are big enough for pellets, then I'll switch to turkey grower.

Back
Top Bottom