Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Yep, all three acres!

Your Majesty
bow.gif

After shutting down the camper this morning, I started the not so long journey up to Traverse City. I stopped to fish awhile on the Ausable...and then on the Manistee, driving 15 miles or so on a logging road in my rented Fusion (it did great!)...and then on the Boardman when it was still a small river, and again where it joins Boardman Lake.

Fishing was great, catching not so much so. I don't know any of these rivers well and was fishing from public access (canoe landing) sites, and there was a lot of canoe and kayak and tubing traffic on the rivers. The Boardman River at Boardman Lake is nasty...public park full of geese and ducks, lots of algae. The other locations were clear, cold water. I saw plenty of brook trout in the Ausable.

There's a creek right next to the hotel here. I'm tempted to go see what's in it.

After shutting down the camper this morning, I started the not so long journey up to Traverse City. I stopped to fish awhile on the Ausable...and then on the Manistee, driving 15 miles or so on a logging road in my rented Fusion (it did great!)...and then on the Boardman when it was still a small river, and again where it joins Boardman Lake.

Fishing was great, catching not so much so. I don't know any of these rivers well and was fishing from public access (canoe landing) sites, and there was a lot of canoe and kayak and tubing traffic on the rivers. The Boardman River at Boardman Lake is nasty...public park full of geese and ducks, lots of algae. The other locations were clear, cold water. I saw plenty of brook trout in the Ausable.

There's a creek right next to the hotel here. I'm tempted to go see what's in it.
lau.gif
Why not .

Good afternoon pond dwellers! I miss you guys! :hugs I'm just checking in becuz I know some people have been askn about me but ummm things aren't going so hot and I have to take a break from the forum. I really can't keep up and I'm not happy if I can't read your Every Last word!

So what's going on? Last month my OH left me. We had spent 2 1/2 yrs tugther. He was my provider, so my living situation is changing drastically. I will keep MY Home and I will keep a few birds, BUT my daddy is keeping me afloat, and altho the birds do their part, they Can't Compleatly support me, at this time. I will answer PMs and I will try to make time to come back to the thread, but for now i'm mostly just running Hard. This is the first time I've been single in ten years, and I intend to keep it that way, and use this time to improve myself. I need you guys and those birds for that, so I swear I'm not letting go, just running hard, moving Forward.

The outpour of support from my chicken friends has been incredible! Some of these ladies answering your questions about me have been in close contact with me this whole time, multiple people offered eggs to keep the profit turning. I've received offers for help in Every Way and I'm not kidding you the support is absolutely amazing.

@WalnutHill and I learned that the post is BAD from her to me. again friend, I got Nothin. waited til day 12 cuz I was busy, (aside from removing two leekers) Nothing developed. I even cooked em to be sure I'm not missing anything, they were scrambled courtousy of USPS :hit

Echo what everyone else has already said :hugs

Our first blue egg!

:yesss:

Ok todays story . Every cloud has a silver lining . Apparently that includes rats . I have picked up two new egg customers . It's because of the rats . The way this came about is I was at autozone one day and this little Jack Russell Terrier was smelling my boots and I was talking to the dog asking it if it smelled the rats I had stomped . The dogs owner asked where I had been to be stomping rats . I told him about all my chickens and how his dog 's breed was known for being a good rat and mouse dog . He now buys four dozen eggs every other week and today got me another customer who bought four dozen eggs . Who would guess stomping rats would lead to egg sales .
hu.gif

Ok todays story . Every cloud has a silver lining . Apparently that includes rats . I have picked up two new egg customers . It's because of the rats . The way this came about is I was at autozone one day and this little Jack Russell Terrier was smelling my boots and I was talking to the dog asking it if it smelled the rats I had stomped . The dogs owner asked where I had been to be stomping rats . I told him about all my chickens and how his dog 's breed was known for being a good rat and mouse dog . He now buys four dozen eggs every other week and today got me another customer who bought four dozen eggs . Who would guess stomping rats would lead to egg sales .
hu.gif

Maybe he can bring his Jack Russell over for rat hunting training too.

It is funny how things work out. The roofers who fixed the roof on the house next door saw the coop and are now customers too.

Ok todays story . Every cloud has a silver lining . Apparently that includes rats .  I have picked up two new egg customers . It's because of the rats . The way this came about is I was at autozone one day and this little Jack Russell  Terrier was smelling my boots and I was talking to the dog asking it if it smelled the rats I had stomped . The dogs owner asked where I had been to be stomping rats .  I told him about all my chickens and how his dog 's breed was known for being a good rat and mouse dog . He now buys four dozen eggs every other week and today got me another customer who bought four dozen eggs . Who would guess stomping rats would lead to egg sales . :confused:
Nice! You never know where life will lead you.

Ok todays story . Every cloud has a silver lining . Apparently that includes rats .  I have picked up two new egg customers . It's because of the rats . The way this came about is I was at autozone one day and this little Jack Russell  Terrier was smelling my boots and I was talking to the dog asking it if it smelled the rats I had stomped . The dogs owner asked where I had been to be stomping rats .  I told him about all my chickens and how his dog 's breed was known for being a good rat and mouse dog . He now buys four dozen eggs every other week and today got me another customer who bought four dozen eggs . Who would guess stomping rats would lead to egg sales . :confused:

That's awesome!

Maybe he can bring his Jack Russell over for rat hunting training too.

It is funny how things work out. The roofers who fixed the roof on the house next door saw the coop and are now customers too.

Jack Russell is a smart dog and I wouldn't mind having one but it would be like DD's cat. It will wake me up to go out in the middle of the night
hmm.png
. I never ask people if they want to buy eggs . they always ask me if I sell them.I'm very low pressure when it comes to selling things .

Back
Top Bottom