Well....My wife passed away

Spookwriter

Crowing
9 Years
Feb 23, 2010
Ohio
Been a long hard year on us as a family, and I guess it ended with my wife passing away January 11th, 2016.

I think I called Em from the hospital. I know I've talked to her several times lately.

In the end, it was a heart attack, and life was over too quick. We had been in the hospital for a while. Spent Christmas there with her. Barb was in the hospital, ICU, almost a month the last time. She had been in for two weeks just before that.

Going on a month now, and I'm as lost now as I was that night.

For anyone that knew me, or read some of my posts, I made a lot of
jokes about my wife. Not just here online, but in real life. I made those jokes. We've loved and laughed since being kids together. A thousand memories. A lifetime.

She was special to me, the center of my world. And she knew that...I always treated her that way. I remember the day I met her...first day of school in the tenth grade. I sat behind her in English class. Never looked at another girl after that. Wasn't no use. She was that light in my life, that spark that made it all worthwhile.

I would ride my bike to her house after school. Her dad would load me up in his old pickup and drive me home after dark.She lived in town, I lived on a farm out in the county. I would ride my bike there, we would walk downtown to the movies, maybe share an ice cream on the way home.

I got a kick out of that right up till the end...we always sat in the same corner booth when we could. Old habits and all, we still went to the same old place, still sat beside each other and shared our banana splits. Just something we always did.

Lost without her doesn't even begin to describe where I'm at. Sleeping a few hours a night if I sleep at all. Most of that's on the couch. That bedroom is awful lonely these days. I can't stand rolling over at night and her not being there. Home isn't home without her.

I didn't see this coming. She was supposed to get well. We we going to grow old together. She was only 58, and it was over too soon.

And to those of you who still have that wife, or husband, or children, whoever it is you love, treasure every day. Never miss that chance to tell them you love them or make that day special.

I stand before you, and tell you, it's over in a blink. One heartbeat, one breath.

Make the days count.

Spook

Last edited:
What a desperately sad, but beautiful post - it sure brought tears to my eyes. I hope that the love and support from your family and those that knew your wife will help you through what must be the saddest time of your life.

My thoughts are with you.

Very best wishes

CT

Your wife died way too young. But in her life, she had something very special. Your love for her is so obvious from your post, she was very very lucky to have had that.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

hugs.gif

I'm so very sorry you lost your dear wife. You are so very right. Regarding the need to treasure those loves, nurture them and never take them for granted. You had many years to do that, and did it well. For many, they never grasp the concept of nurturing and treasuring a marriage until it's too late. May God bless you and touch you and your family with His healing hand.

What beautiful memories you have, I wish you two had time to make more of them together. I'm so sorry for your enormous loss. Thank you for reminding us to tell our loved ones how we feel about them. I'm sure your wife knew how you felt about her. God bless!

Heartfelt hugs, my friend.
hugs.gif
Cancer is a thief; I am so sorry to hear that he has robbed you yet again. Prayers for you and your daughter.
fl.gif

That was a beautiful post, Spook. I'm truly sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine the pain you are going through.

I just wanted to say that we are here for you. {hugs}

Back
Top Bottom