Well that's a first...

They do sell a cheaper incubator if you don't mind turning your eggs and monkeying with them, you could try your hand at doing it yourself. I always use my Bantam hens for my hatching, but occasionally a big breed hen goes broody. Wishing you luck no matter what you decide.

And today he choose to attack my footwear (o_o) over tasty treats. The good news is I broke an egg today on accident and it was complete fertile! :) now if only my girls had even the smallest interest in sitting on them...I'm a bit nervous thinking about the incubator route just because I've never used one before, but time will tell. He's really far too aggressive for me to let him out of his pen, which makes me sad because I really enjoy seeing my chickens out free roaming. :(

Did you ever try the net on him, you could sort them out, leaving him in the coop or run, you might get some satisfaction seeing him mad. I have read some roosters have trouble with people's footwear.

I've ac
Did you ever try the net on him, you could sort them out, leaving him in the coop or run, you might get some satisfaction seeing him mad. I have read some roosters have trouble with people's footwear.

I've thought about it and the plan I came up with was if I
Use my small dog fencing to add on to my currant run, the only way to the back for the chickens would be a narrow path in between the neighbors fence and my coop, if I call the hens for treats (they always are first to run for treats) then I could keep him in one pen and let the hens out for part of the day without having to worry about fending off an attack. I have a mini gate I could just block off the path before he try's to follow the hens. I'll try it tomorrow and see how it works. He does seem to really dislike my garden shoes but the yard is muddy and it gets slick. I should have named him Chucky...

And I pay to see him THAT mad but if he got out of the net I'd be screwed. Lol

Added a back part with a gate to my run. Now at least I can work in my coop and not have to worry about being flayed. :) I don't think they were impressed though. :b I'm giving him a month or so then he's outta here. :/

Last edited:
Nice work, that's too bad, I've enjoyed your adventures.

I will have more. :) I tend to pick animals that have "personality" lol. I have a feeling I have many chicken stories ahead of me. :b I
Pick up a couple more hens tomorrow at some point. :hmm

Back
Top Bottom