Welsh Harlequin

Hello all. Since WH ducks were developed from another breed, that makes them a hybrid breed. If I have a bunch of WH ducks only, will the offspring be WH ducks, and will they have the same egg laying numbers as the parents?

Thanks

Hello all.  Since WH ducks were developed from another breed, that makes them a hybrid breed.  If I have a bunch of WH ducks only, will the offspring be WH ducks, and will they have the same egg laying numbers as the parents?

Thanks

All breeds were made from other breeds. They're not considered hybrids once they breed true and are accepted by the APA. Welsh Harlequins breed true and as such as are a real breed. So what you hatch will be the same as the parents.

All breeds were made from other breeds. They're not considered hybrids once they breed true and are accepted by the APA. Welsh Harlequins breed true and as such as are a real breed. So what you hatch will be the same as the parents.
Thank you very much for the information. I've never thought about the fact that all breeds were made from other breeds before it. I wonder how long a hybrid takes to breed true?

Ok I just bought 4 wh ducks. 1 silver WH drake, 1 silver WH hen and 2 Gold WH hens.
The gold hens do not have dark bills or legs. Should I keep or get rid of? I am going to breed them and I want to breed true!!

Ok I just bought 4 wh ducks. 1 silver WH drake, 1 silver WH hen and 2 Gold WH hens.
The gold hens do not have dark bills or legs. Should I keep or get rid of? I am going to breed them and I want to breed true!!
Don't breed them. They should have black bills and feet. Can you post better pictures of them. I breed welsh harlequins and could probably tell you if they're good enough quaility to breed

Back
Top Bottom