Nov 14, 2009
Boyers, Pa
Date April 9, 2011

Time 10am-8

Location Gaslight Campgrounds
6297 Emlenton Clintonville Road
Emlenton, PA 16373-7419
http://gaslightcamping.com/

Cabins and campsites are available, & hook ups for campers. Contact the campgrounds directly for reservations.

Please comment....if you're coming, what you're bringing, what you're looking for etc....

I'll update with a list of what will be available.

Critters we're bringing:
sumatra: Sebastopol geese, & goslings...Ducks and lionhead dwarf rabbits. Duck eggs. Ducks are Runner/ Welsh Harlequin, Cayuga. Button quail.
ferrperr: silkie & serema chicks, swedish ducklings
browneyebuttafly: silkies
QuaitQt: golden sebright chicks, mottled roo, BB red roo, couple dozen mixed hatching eggs
MuranoFarms: various chicks (pure and mix)
zookeeper15133:silkie roo's
argo: Guinea eggs, magpie mix duck eggs, mystery bantam eggs
bantyshantyThree Serama-Dutch Bantam cross cockerels, Three Mille D'uccle cockerels with 1 pullet, One frizzled blue silkie
rick1954button quail chicks

Last edited:
I'll definately be there! Are we going to open it up to the general public or just leave it a BYC members? I'm going to tell some local friends, of course, but around here things are slow, and the newspaper will cover ANY news. Just wondered what your thoughts were on that. Do we need to bring food to share?

I think we should open it to everyone. The more the merrier! I did have some little fliers printed up to post at feedstores and such. I can send you some if you want to put them up somewhere.

They are going to have a grill for us to use, I was going to bring hot dogs, a big bowl of macaroni salad and probably brownies. Your welcome to bring whatever you'd like! I've never done one of these before so I don't know if this should all be organized or what LOL all input is appreciated!

I am going to bring a pie or 2 probably or maybe cookies. I think we should have an egg auction, if we can get people to donate a dozen eggs. I guess we need to contact people to see if they are willing. Also, I was thinking about ordering some chicks and could combine orders if anyone was interested. They could come here and then people could pick them up at the meet. Have to check into that and see what is available. I know ideal was running low on some breeds.

ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
I'm in!! I live outside of Erie and this is the closest that there has been! I'm interested in blue slate turkeys. My Tom is sooo lonely since his wife died
hit.gif
. What time does it start? Are we having a pot luck since people are bringing food? I am really excited to meet everyone and make new contacts!!!!
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

See ya there
yippiechickie.gif

PS-I'm also looking for muscovy ducks.

Last edited:
I'll be going depending when my baby decides to come into this world. IF I make it, I'll be bringing some Silkie chicks...BBS. POSSIBLY some Black & Lavender split Silkies 1-2 months old if they are not sold by then. I'll be looking for pure Lav Silkie chicks or pullets
smile.png

I am bringing a pair of Sebastopol geese if anyone is interested. Maybe some eggs will have hatched by then, and I'll have goslings, too.

Quote:
Oh my! I hope I can make it! I think I have to work that day though.
hit.gif

The egg auction sounds like a bunch of fun too! I wanted to bring a few of the girls from work too. I'll try to switch my schedule around.
fl.gif

Quote:
Time...hmmm, how does around 10 sound? We have all day....till dusk, so I don't see why we all gotta get up at the crack of dawn! Unless you all want to start early.

Yes on the potluck. If you can brings something, that's great.

I've never done this before....I've never even been to a chickenstock, SO.....any input is appreciated! Hopefully we get a good turnout and we can make it a yearly thing!
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom