Westphalian Deathlayers (Westfälische Totleger)

slayden

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 13, 2010
Black Earth, WI
Howdy folks!
I was just wondering if anybody knows of a breeder that works with these chickens. Apparently they were once fairly common in northern Germany but I've never heard of anyone in America raising them. I think they are absolutely beautiful birds and I have to admit they have one of the all-time greatest breed names. Here's a link to the Feathersite page on these:

http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGP/Westphal/BRKWestphal.html

Thanks so much for any information you guys have!

Last edited:
Never heard of them,
pop.gif
this seems intersting

There were a lot of old european breeds that never made it over our way and it would be almost impossible to import them now..but if you could find out what breeds it ook to create them , you might get close to creating them.

some old time european breeds became extinct during the 1st and 2nd world wars . we started a post on this subject a while ago.

One of the breeds we were talking about was the polet de bresie (sp) or blue footed chicken supposed to be the ultimate table bird , a breeder in calif, and a few in canada have them but absolutly will not sell. they are reserved for 4 star resturants. I think that was the name of the bird...it has been a while since we talked about it.Its just impossible to get one here.

Back
Top Bottom