What are Your Chickens Named?

We have 9 chickens (had 10 earlier this morning but a darn fox got one and we saw him eating her in the field next to our home.
somad.gif
)

Anyway, our nine are: Dragonfire, Diamond, Hilda, Velvet, Gertrude, Lucy, Red, Angus (our surprise Polish Cockerel...his name was Agnes until we discovered she was a he), and Comet.

I named my chickens on the premise that I might eat them one day. Obviously this never came to fruition, but hey, the names stuck. They are as follows:

Easter Egger: Sesame
Black Sex Link: Kung Pow
Light Brahma: Sweet and Sour
Olive Egger: Moo Goo
White Crested Polish Rooster: General Tso.

I always name my chickens.

Red Sex-Links
Goldie (my dad named her)
Sunny
Amber

Black Sex-Links
Blackie
Blackberry
Midnight

Barred Rocks
Moonbeam
Hazel
Raindrop
Pebble
Checker
Pepper

White Leghorns
Gloria
Juniper
Dove
Sugar
Sweet Pea
Pearl

I'm getting Light Brahmas and Partridge Rocks this year, still figuring out names for them.
wink.png

The names of mine are,

Isa Browns:
Ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, honey, and sugar

Black mottled orpingtons:
Glitter and Nigel

Still don't know who is what but I've already thought about names for the Coronation Sussex chicks I hatched out on 1/2/16. I would like to keep a couple of females, who i would like to name pearl and opal and a male, named jasper. I may try to sell them tho, I haven't made up my mind yet. :rolleyes:

I have an easter egger. Her name is Sister Jean-Margaret. I friend of ours saw her walking one day and said she walked like the librarian she had in high school. So the name stuck.

I have several, Twitch is my young partridge Silkie female, her sister is princess puff, her brother is Ralphie, unrelated white roo is beaker. I have a Rhode Island Red named Tom, a silver laced Cochin named Tommy Boy, a copper Marans rooster named Oscar, and a what looks like Cornish / Swedish flower hens Cockrel named roo

Back
Top Bottom