What are Your Chickens Named?

Theofire88

Chirping
Feb 16, 2015
Hello all,
Do you have cute names for your chickens? Post them here! Feel free to post ideas for names, your favourites, and of course your chickens names! Please do not steal names without the permission of the provider! Enjoy!

Our ladies are named Atilla the Hen, Gloria Grainor, Henny Potter, Proff. Magoneggal, Eggetha Christi and so on so forth! We theme our hens as we get a new bunch every year, this years group is going to have the following names assigned: Scrambles, Sunnyside, Omeletta etc!

We have 6 adult hens the 3 EE are Redbird, Fluffy Lumpkins, and wheat thins.... and all our australorps are named Sheila. The pun in there is my favorite. We have 6 more babies but only our EE cockerel has been named and i call him Rock-A-Doodle

I had some named Sacajawea and Honey

I guess those are naturals for the breeds. My daughter chose those. Shortly after we brought home the day old chicks the kids and I sat around the brooder box and named them. Fun times. Then they grew up! Here they are around 8 weeks.

Last edited:
We had the whole Happy Days gang for a while---The Fonz, Ralph, Potsie, Laverne, Shirley, Squiggie, Lenny, Richie, Joanie, Chachi, Mrs. C, it was awesome.

Then we went to snack chips--Cheeto, Frito, Dorito (GSL's), Pringle, Ruffles, Guacamole, Beaner (bean dip), Cheech ( Chicharrone) and Funny One (Funion).

We have also done the movie Nemo names, Jungle Book, and Harry Potter. Haha :D Problem is we name chicks after a show then half are roos and leave so we are missing half the names!

We named our Silkies after places - cities and towns. We have Walla Walla, Paris, Savannah, Cheyenne, Aurora, Catalina, Chelsea, and Brooklyn

Our Rooster, a sizzle, is Porkchop. I tried to explain to my daughter, who named him, that was too many food terms for a bird I’m not allowed to eat. But to no avail. Our fuzzy gray silky is Pepper, and the buff silky (RIP) was Wookie. 3 Columbian Wyandottes: Bonnie, Clyde and Parker. 2 RRs Red and Garnet. And my personal favorite, although I’m guessing not all that original, (buff) Orpington Annie.

Porkchop... at least they said he was a sizzle. i'm not so sure. but he is very sweet and such a good Father

Lets see if I can name all 25 that I have named!
lol.png

These are 24 of the hens - I have 41 but 17 of them look EXACTLY alike! As it is, I have several pairs of "the twinies". :p
Lacy
Merri
Pippyn
Lizzy
Jane
Elsa
Anna
Dandelion
Daffodil
Pebble
Marble
Wig
Cowbird
Murphy
Grammy
Boise
Cleopatra (AKA just Cleo)
Aurora
Miss Gertrude Pecker
Merida
Bagheera (AKA, much to my sister's horror, 'Baggy'. :p)
Natalie
Nadaya
Attila the Hen

AND last but not least, my Lavender Orpington rooster...Dumbledore! After I got him, I just HAD to name my coop, "Henwarts!"
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom