Bluebell- Penelope Mellows
Black Rock- Eleanor Crood
Speckled - Lorelai Crood
Blacktail - Abigail Masters
White Sussex- Matilda Masters
Blacktail(RIP)Rosalie Ponders

Hazelnut, Marble, Caramel, Buttermilk, Pepsi, Peepy

Hazelnut & Marble in the picture

2 Cornish X-s =Brutus and Big Bertha (pretty obvious on their sizes compared to the rest)
3 Leghorn Pullets= Lucia, Lena and Lita (since leghorns are originally Italian they got Italian names)
1 Polish Roo= Phoenix (after the character in Judge Dredd)
3 Red Sex Links Pullets= Ruby, Opal and Pearl (because my "jewels" have one is more red and last has more white and middle girl is a good mix)
1 possible Black Australorp or a Black Java Bantam Pullet-Selene (from Underworld movie, she tends to go over and confront Brutus a lot...lol)

Brynda
Head Hen of the Beaks and Talons Inn (aka the coop)

So far we have three GCs and they are named Bubbles, Julian, and Mr. Lahey (husband named them after a canadian show he watches on netflix). We have 2 EEs on way that I am still not sure what I will name. Maybe Artemis and Athena, still debating.

2 Speckled Sussex - Margaret T. Hatcher & Eggatha Christie
2 Buff Orps, (big breasted, cheap blondes) - Wanda & Trixie
2 EE's (because they're kinda Stone Age looking) - Betty & Wilma
A Partrige Rock -Ruby
A Black Australorp- Big Bertha
Another EE - Agnes

For a future name, Edna St. Vincent Willay (Look up Edna St. Vincent Milay)

I also have an Attilla the Hen - she earned that name when she went broody last year! Boy, is she grouchy when she's focused on those eggs!
My adults are:
EEs-
Mathilda
Daphne
Agatha (otherwise known as Attilla the Hen)
Gladys - my very favorite because she's stop traffic gorgeous
Scout, the only roo and hatched by Agatha last year. Very special rooster with a very special story. You can read about him by following the link in my signature to Frostbitten Feet, the
Adventures of Scout (or some such thing)

RED SEX LINKS -
Dora
Ida

BUFF ORPINGTON
Kat

CUCKOO MARANS-
Edith
Cora

And now to the newest chicks - this will be the second time today I've copied and pasted this from another thread. There is currently an unofficial contest going to give them all names, but I still won't be able to tell most of them apart. <sigh>

4 Light Brahmas -
One
Two
Three
Four

3 Rhode Island Reds -
One
Two
Turtles (Granddaughter named him)

5 Easter Eggers -
One
Two
Beluga (he's white and huge) - lost him earlier this week to a stoopid accident!
Bumblebee (she's brown and tiny)
Toad - no idea why

3 Red Sex Links
One
Two
Three

8 Light Brahmas
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Phred

Oh what a fun post! We have 10 RIR's and one is named Lizzie (our granddaughter named her) and the rest are all Cleta Mae 1, 2, 3 etc... and Michaela 1, 2, 3 etc ... since they all look alike I pretty much call them one of those names depending on the way they are acting.
yippiechickie.gif

Then, we have 9 EE's and they are:
Cher
Blondie
Tina Turner
Minnie Mouse
Cuddles
Pashmina
Happy
Snow
Ms. Brown aka The Professor

I just love my ladies and they totally crack me up! I never thought I could be a chicken person but I am sure am now.

We are getting our first chickens from my sister in law. Since they're our First Ladies, we decided to name them after First Ladies. They will be Lady Bird Johnson, Eleanor Roostevlet, Sarah Polk-try and Jackie Kennedy Onestis (my 9 year old came up with the last two)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom