EE-scarlet, ginger, 3 no names
Wyandotte-(SL) Olaf, (GL) Goldie
Barred rock-firehawk
Dom.-Rosie
Plymouth mini- rocket
Rir Ee X - Tilly
WH. Leghorn- tink
Jersey giant- darky
Polish- trump (had a combover as baby- Donald trump)
New hamp- cinnamon
Delaware-the brat
Cochin- sweet Annie
Astralorp- Smokey
Others that i sadly cannot think of or can't tell apart

My roos

Black cochin- danta, boots
Rir EE X- the devils spawn ( dad was Tony danza)
Polish- (blue) Einstein, (WH. Cr. Blck.) his name is escaping me
White rock- sweet white chicken
Cochin rir X- barred baby (he's full grown)

Ducks- red, webbie

Turkies- lady bird, boo, boppitty, Sawyer (tom), duchess bippitty McFeatherbottom

Last edited:
Americaunas: Rooster: Naucrati Hens: Day, Cassia, Amalthea, Henrietta, Tonya, Tabor.

Buffs: Rebecca, Emily, Sarah.

RIR: Judith.

Golden Sexlinks: Heidi, Goldie, Chryssie

Silver Aeracaunas: Ruth, Naomi.

Silver-laced Wyandottes: Dottie, Lottie.

Silkies: Roosters: Gala, Meli.

Suzzi
Sarah
Sassafrass (Sassi)
Starie

Shirley and Sharon turned out to be Stevens and
last was Sindy

The girls names were girlfriends of my son.

I love this! So much fun to see everyone's names.

We've got:
2 New Hampshire Reds: Lucy and Ethel
2 GLW: Clovis (my 3 yr old named, who we're hoping is a pullet!) and Maude
Easter Egger: Rizzo
Black Australorp: Peep
Buff Orpington: Chickira

We have:

Two Plym Rock girls:
Jasmine
Alex

An easter egger hen:
Dot (she was supposed to be named Inara (from Firefly) but her identifying feature as a chick was a dot on her back. And she was such a jerk as a chick :p so she just got to be called Dot.

Two Buff Orpington hens:
Roxanne, or Roxie (because she was the runt and was so tiny, we thought she would have to go in her own brooder and back under the red light, while the other girls grew up and out of needing the light. She hit a growth spurt though, and we didn't need to "put on the red light" like the Police song :D)
Kaylee (also named from a character on Firefly). Kaylee is my favorite. She loves to be picked up and to cuddle <3

A easter egger rooster:
Karma (Karma we thought was a hen until she grew into her rooster-ness. We still call her a "her" because that was how we thought of her for so long. She's a sweet lovely rooster who loves her hens (sometimes too much, to the detriment of the harem). She's a doll when it's just her though. She lets us pick her up and cuddle her.

Here they all were in that funny dinosaur phase. From front to back:
Kaylee
Roxanne

Gratuitous extra shot of Kaylee, my favorite girl. <3

We have 14 chickens. The New Hampshire rooster is Georgie Porgie; the two Brahmas are Hallie Rene and Hermione; the production red is Ruby, the Comets are Laverne and Shirley (Vern and Shirl); the white Jersey Giant is Lilybell; the Black Australorps are Aretha and Little Crow (she was such a homely little chick--she looked like a crow); the Buff Orpington is Lindy; and the 4 young Welsummers have yet to be named by my son. All but the chicks free range our 2 acre yard and parts of our pasture. We have a 137 lb. dog named Thumper who watches over them. They keep him in sight when they wander. Thanks to Thumper we have no coyotes, stray dogs, possums, raccoons, cats or any other critters who cross our property, except wild turkeys. Thanks to the chickens, we have no grasshoppers, Japanese beetles, grubs, ticks, etc. in the yard. The 2 lazy cats occasionally catch a rat, mouse or mole. They all get along very well. Here in Arkansas, that's practically paradise. Life is sweet.

My girls are Tilly, Edina, Blossom, Patsy and Pandora and my big fella is Sidney. Just got a saddle for Blossom as Sidney is breaking all her feathers with his amorous attentions. As soon as I put her back in the garden wearing the saddle, Sidney started to chase her - he was so perturbed and so was she. Eventually it came off and everything calmed down. I'll have to think of something else!

Back
Top Bottom