What are Your Chickens Named?

I have 15 so this may take a while.....................
tongue.png

Trixie
Sally
Angel
Sprinkle
Peach
Penny
Maggie
Remington
Missy
Mr.Silkie/King Arthur
Lacey
Tracey
Macy
Nellie
Midnight

Boys: Nilo Jesus Briar (Grandpa) Huginn Chip of Fire Oak WynterFiver Earth Boar Fog Arthur's Wave Agravaine Sun Ragnar Stag Ceridwin Agape Caribou Hamus Bard ... and 6 unnamed for now

Girls: Sweets Myrtle World Alyssum of Nimue Emmylou's Wind PennyWish Autumn Hazel Sahara part II Canna Swale Wisp of Cloud FlurryField MountainGrace Jua's Fern Isolda Calypso Raven Cerilde Cerinthe Cerida Babbit Shabanu Solemn Wan Wist Elk Foxy

Alot of them have multiple - word names. If you think these are weird, you should have heard some of the names of chickens I do not have anymore. My next group will be the Morgans for girls (Morgaine, Morgan, Morrigan, Morgane, Morgause, etc.) and the Gawens for boys (Gareth, Gawaine, Gawen, etc)

After working with all forms of livestock and pets over 20+ years I've developed the habit of allowing animals to name themselves. My son is always upset that he can't name a new pet right away. But many times we've picked names and then never called that critter by that name again. So we have 10 chickens:
2 accidental roosters
Godzilla (named so because he was always the biggest chick and still is)
Shorty (obviously so named because he is smaller than Godzilla)
8 hens:
4 mutant production layers from TSC : Wiggly, Bertha, Noname and Poopy.
4 barred rocks from a neighbor affectionately known as The Littles because they are smaller and lighter than the other ladies. And they are virtually impossible to tell apart yet. They will name themselves in time.

My roosters are named and 1 hen:
NHR-Tommy Lee
Copper Maran-Jack Sparrow
EExIsbar-Keith Richards
Bielfx-Captain Dookie
EE hen-Sweetie

my roosters name is Blue, and the 3 hens are Charlie, Delta, and Echo. They are named after the raptors from the Jurassic world movie. We didn't know the rooster was a rooster at first, so we find it somewhat funny that we named him Blue. For those of you who have seen the movie, you should understand lol. Luckily, none of them try to eat us haha.

Back
Top Bottom