What are your rooster's names?

My big boy's name is Copper... Unless you ask my boyfriend's son, then it's Brock
smile.png

168241_1755264849762_1483180315_31824314_43805_n.jpg

Roosters:
Louie - Red Cochin
Zaxbys - Red Sex Link
Maple Syrup - Welsummer
Wafers (named after his aunt, 'Nilla) - Red Sex Link/Red Cochin cross (his mama is Tiny, my Sex Link hen)
and Cory Roosevelt (long story) - Black Cochin/White Japanese.

All of these with my ONE hen
th.gif
Don't. ask.
ep.gif

I have 5 roosters, all BO:

Remi (1 1/2 yrs old)
Rowdy (about 9 months old)
Rawley (about 7 months old)
Unnamed (about 7 months old)
Tootsie (about 7 months old) Don't ask.... LOL
roll.png

Ok... I have to tell it just so that there isn't like a million posts asking about it!

When I first got Tootsie at about 3 months old I immediatly noticed that "she" was missing an eye! I was so nervous about it but soon learned that "she" was getting around and doing fine.... "She" was the most precious little being and "she" would run up to me in the coop and stand on my feet until I picked "her" up and gave "her" a treat. Therefore, I called "her" Toot sweet one time.... And it sort of stuck and then I found out that "she" is a "he"! UGH!! Poor thing gets picked on for that name all the time! LOL!

I have a Big Fat Red Silkie named Dottie and yes I know he has a girl name but he was was the cutest little girl with a dot on her head, so we thought
And we have 2 white frizzles,curly one is Curly and smooth one is Mo, and we used to have a very mean little mixed breed name Little Jerry who one day disappeared
sad.png

Quote:
*GASP* I totally forgot about Flower! Flower was my little hen named after the guy skunk in "Bambi". She was sweet, and at seven months old she started laying. Precious girl until she got to nine months old when she stopped laying and, yes, changed sexes!
th.gif
My hen actually changed INTO a rooster and is now crosing and mating
sickbyc.gif
and so on just like the other boys! It is possible but RARE for a chicken to change sexes, but it happened to HIM!

Fancy Nancy
big_smile.png

He was destined for the stew pot until my mom came for a visit. She just thought he was the prettiest thing she had ever seen - took pictures of him EVERY time she saw him
roll.png
Very pathetic, but we couldn't bring ourselves to eat my mom's favorite rooster, so my husband named him after her (Nancy). She thinks it's hilarious (thank god LOL)

Back
Top Bottom