What are your rooster's names?

Harry - Silky roo that was Harriet til he crowed - crows whenever somebody pulls into the driveway, comes around the house or goes outside - we call him our 'dog'.

Freddy Mercury "Freddy" - black Cochin frizzle roo that my son named - cute little guy that's about half the size of chickens half his age but still chases the Brahma hens!

deb g

My white leghorn rooster was suppose to be a hen so I named him Pinky. My RIR rooster is named Stinky because he waited to be held to poo when he was a chick. My other roosters are not named because I didn't plan on getting them.

Kramer...because..well, look at the pic of him and figure it out.
wink.png
We are still trying to figure out what breed he is...no one else seems to know either!

77005_20110123165849.jpg

Mine are Lindy cause when he was about 10 days old he would jump up on the water bottle or anything else he could get on and DH named him after the flying Lindy's, Penguin looked like a little penguin when he was a baby he was the runt always smaller than the rest. You couldnt tell it now though. I thought both were Barred Rock but Ive been told Lindy is a Black sex link so not sure.
Lindy
62756_lindy2.jpg

Penguin
62756_peng.jpg

Partidge cochin is Fred Frye

EE is Twinkie (DH named him that as a joke and the name stuck)

Past roosters were a partridge cochin named Minnie (thought he was a SHE. He wasn't) and Snickers, another EE (as counterpart to Twinkie)

George BO purchased in Berkeley Springs WV. Hubby and daughter thought Berkeley was too much name for a Roo so we went w/George since George Washington visited there.
Derek RIR after daughter's crush Derek Hough. Johnny BO name for the guy who sold him to me as a HEN!

My current rooster is named Pierre Thomas (we call him Pierre).

He was one of two chicks that were hatched during the Christmas season, 2009, and grew up during the NFL playoff season, 2010.

We had one golden feathered chick (a pullet) who we named Drew Brees (we call her Drew), and then we had this black feathered chick, who we named Pierre Thomas, after the running back who first put the New Orleans Saints in the endzone during the 2010 Super Bowl.

We figured it was a sign when we had two chicks in that clutch -- one gold and one black. We call them our "Saints" chickens.

And I guess it was, cuz the two baby chicks watched the Super Bowl with my wife and me, and with our black and gold chicks in the TV audience, the Saints went on to WIN the Super Bowl!

His father was DaddyRoo.

Roody - crazy feather footed mix
Bitty - our smallest, sebright mix
Peter - EE mix. His name was Godzilla because he was so ugly, but we changed his name when he grew into a handsome guy.
Buster - Peter's brother, EE mix. His name was Girlie until he crowed.

Izzie - JBG. He was Isabelle until HE crowed. He's now been rehomed because he turned mean and he was HUGE. I can't be beat up by a chicken almost as big as me!

Back
Top Bottom