What brand of dog/puppy food do you feed?

What brand of dog/puppy food do you feed?

• Purina

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pedigree

• Taste of the Wild

• Natural Balance

• Diamond Naturals

• Tractor Supply "Retriver" brand

• Other: Please list and explain why

Votes: 6 100.0%

• Total voters
I started our puppy on Beneful Puppy Formula because of the moist bits. She was weaned at 4 weeks because of her previous owners and her teeth weren't fully formed. I ended up feeding it to our 3 year old German Shepherd because he refused to eat anything. He actually scarfed the puppy food down, so we continued feeding it to him for 3 months to put some weight on him. Now they both get fed regular Beneful and are doing well on it. Our other adult do will only eat Ranch Hound.
hu.gif

Would you happen to have a bag around? I need the serving size for a dog about 78 lbs asap and i dont have the bag, we put ours in a plastic container.

We regularly rotate our dogs' food and feed a combination of dry and raw. For dry we like Acana, Earthborn, Nature's Logic, TOTW, Merricks grain free and BG.

Last edited:
I don't buy any commercial dog food as I found it bad for my dog.

My dog had skin problems and developed dental problems also, despite me only feeding dry dog food, dental dog chews and brushing her teeth. I did research and was desperate for ideas to help my dog.............then I decided to change to a natural diet. My dog was cured of her skin allergies in less than 3 months, and a few more weeks her teeth are perfect and I never brush them now!

So now I feed my dog raw meet and bones only. I don't add any vitamins, vegetables or anything. She eats all meats, and also the organs - she loves hearts and liver.

I worked in a well know pet store chain in the UK for many years and I can tell you that what they put in most dry dog foods is nothing more than hight temperature baked corn, cereals and waste meat bi products from the food industry that are unfit for human consumption. The cooking process destroys any goodness in the food, and so they have to add chemical or artificial vitamins minerals and other stuff. Also they add lots of salt, sugar and preservatives, which are not good for the animals health.

I feed a 100% prey model raw diet. Kibble is all cooked to death and full of added artificial ingredients and chemicals that cause more health problems and vet bills than anything. My dogs will never eat any form of processed commercial food.

Back
Top Bottom