What exactly does breed for resistance mean?

Quote:
Wild birds that get sick are eaten by critters. The ones who don't get sick live to breed on. Nature has its own "hatchet".

Yer playin' absolutes...not all wild birds that get sick, are going to be eaten by wild animals...& the ones that don't get sick are the ones that aren't exposed to the pathogen...
he.gif

Exposure equals sickness

Exposure can equal death

Therefore any survivors Exposed can & will pass on a stronger immunity to progeny!

THERE! Plain & simple in linear logic...

Quote:
Wild birds that get sick are eaten by critters. The ones who don't get sick live to breed on. Nature has its own "hatchet".

Yer playin' absolutes...not all wild birds that get sick, are going to be eaten by wild animals...& the ones that don't get sick are the ones that aren't exposed to the pathogen...
he.gif

Exposure equals sickness

Exposure can equal death

Therefore any survivors Exposed can & will pass on a stronger immunity to progeny!

THERE! Plain & simple in linear logic...

There are people on this thread, including myself, with decades of experience breeding & raising thousands of chickens. You have, for not very long, had 5 chickens & have actually bred none. Don't you think it's a little presumptuous of you to press on when you actually have no knowledge of the subject at hand?

I suppose then that the philospher, & many a genecist who stand by the sayin' "What does not kill me, makes me stronger"...are all wrong...Cull away...cull away...

Quote:
Better said " Big Hat No Cattle"

lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

not to pile on here, but I always liked " He's done gone gator on me, all mouth and no ears."

Last edited:
I have really enjoyed reading this thread. To those of you who have been breeding for a long time, thanks for your input.
bow.gif

It amazes me the people that medicate (antibiotics) at the drop of a hat. (in poultry and humans) They are not only contributing to the diseases becoming resistant to the drugs, but also weakening themselves.

Back
Top Bottom