What is difference between scratch and peck feeds vs regular chicken feed?

Ok that is what I was thinking! It would be the other way around too? I have to always think back..GMO is genetically modified organism and organic means they use all natural pesticides. So....
1. if you have a plant and you use organic pesticides then it would also be NON GMO...why put organic pesticides on GMO seeds?(this was not a question just a statement).
So I am just taking a educated guess and saying that it is it the other way around(thinking there is not really another way around) Sorry if this is confusing...if it makes since in my brain it has to make since in yours(my brain does not work like others...at least that is what it feels like)

@happy duck I don't know what part of the country your in but check out NatureCrest they have NON GMO 16.00 a 50lb bag here. They are out of Alabama
I live in Tennessee I will have to check to see if a co- op will carry the kind of food I am looking for.

It would be the other way around too?
NO
A NON-GMO grain like wheat, rye, barley or oats may be sprayed with a chemical pesticide, or grown with a chemical fertilizer, unless it is ORGANIC.

Corn, soybeans, canola, and cottonseed most likely is Genetically modified, if grown in the USA, unless it is labeled NON-GMO. But It still may have been sprayed with a chemical pesticide or grown with a chemical fertilizer, unless it is labeled ORGANIC.
The only way to be sure you get both NON-GMO and no chemicals is to look for ORGANIC.
I hope that clears things up. GC

Last edited:
NO
A NON-GMO grain like wheat, rye, barley or oats may be sprayed with a chemical pesticide, or grown with a chemical fertilizer, unless it is ORGANIC.

Corn, soybeans, canola, and cottonseed most likely is Genetically modified, if grown in the USA, unless it is labeled NON-GMO. But It still may have been sprayed with a chemical pesticide or grown with a chemical fertilizer, unless it is labeled ORGANIC.
The only way to be sure you get both NON-GMO and no chemicals is to look for ORGANIC.
I hope that clears things up. GC
This clears so much up!!! My brain is no longer fogged!!!! Thanks! Sorry I have so many questions...I have one more.......are there any other brands that sale this kind of feed....the feed not ground up type?

This clears so much up!!! My brain is no longer fogged!!!! Thanks! Sorry I have so many questions...I have one more.......are there any other brands that sale this kind of feed....the feed not ground up type?
Are you meaning whole grain by "not ground up?"

so confusing!!!:barnie
Well if it is a brand....is it a good brand? Is it one that I should look into?

I think it's a good brand - I've been using it for several years, both in SoCal and previously in Idaho. Both my little flocks do/did very well on it and love it. I use a PVC pipe feeder, so they can't do a lot of picking through it and leaving behind much. I like that it's whole grain, which will stay fresher longer than grain that has already been ground.

Back
Top Bottom