What is difference between scratch and peck feeds vs regular chicken feed?

Pics

happy duck

Crazy duck mom
Mar 24, 2018
Small town
My Coop
My Coop
I have ducks and was wondering what is the difference? I am soon going to start buying NON GMO, organic feed, but wanted to look into scratch feed before going and buying. Also does scratch and peck feed come in NON GMO and Organic?

Also off the point.....scratch is different from scratch and peck feeds because it is a treat for chickens right?

I have ducks and was wondering what is the difference? I am soon going to start buying NON GMO, organic feed, but wanted to look into scratch feed before going and buying. Also does scratch and peck feed come in NON GMO and Organic?

Also off the point.....scratch is different from scratch and peck feeds because it is a treat for chickens right?
Regular chicken feed is formulated to be a complete food for chickens. Scratch and Peck is a brand name which comes in a number of different formulas. What formula of Scratch and Peck you choose will determine whether or not it is appropriate for your flock. Scratch is a high fat mostly cracked corn and grains feed that was designed to be thrown on the ground to get chickens to scratch around in the dirt. Scratch does not even come close to being a complete food and should only be fed as a treat in small amounts.

No .. scratch and peck is a name brand for chicken feed
( apparently I’ve never seen it)...”..scratch “ is a mix of grains for treats
Makes scence! I was watching another thread once and they said scratch and peck feed was a kind of feed not a name brand! Thanks!!!

Back
Top Bottom