What is difference between scratch and peck feeds vs regular chicken feed?

Yes Scratch & Peck is the brand, and their feeds are a whole grain mash. Some people like that, some people don't.

In my area it's a commonly available brand and other organic feeds are about on par with price but then again everything's expensive here. :p

Yes Scratch & Peck is the brand, and their feeds are a whole grain mash. Some people like that, some people don't.

In my area it's a commonly available brand and other organic feeds are about on par with price but then again everything's expensive here. :p
Thanks! I don't think my ducks would like that. They love there reg chicken feed so I think I will stick with that. So I am guessing that Scratch and Peck feed are organic and NON GMO? I mean...it sounds really healthy!!!

Non GMO, organic, no soy and the chick starter is no corn as well.
Thanks! I don't think my ducks would like that. They love there reg chicken feed so I think I will stick with that. So I am guessing that Scratch and Peck feed are organic and NON GMO? I mean...it sounds really healthy!!!

Yes organic and non GMO and a lot of people like the idea of seeing all the grains and other ingredients in the feed. However the trick to feeding it (at least to chickens, ducks eat differently I believe?) is to feed it fermented or at least wet, because otherwise they'll pick out their favorite bits and won't eat the fines which are full of vitamins and protein.

Non GMO, organic, no soy and the chick starter is no corn as well.

Yes organic and non GMO and a lot of people like the idea of seeing all the grains and other ingredients in the feed. However the trick to feeding it (at least to chickens, ducks eat differently I believe?) is to feed it fermented or at least wet, because otherwise they'll pick out their favorite bits and won't eat the fines which are full of vitamins and protein.
YAY!!!! I have always wanted NON GMO and Organic feed so this might be the way to go unless you guys know some other brands of NON GMO and Organic feed!

happy duck, there are several brands of non gmo chicken feed but it comes down to what is available to you locally unless you want it shipped to you such as through chewy.com Your best bet is to see what brands are being carried at stores near you and if they don't have exactly what you want research what else those brands make and see if the store will special order it. Even tractor supply carries Organic feeds, though I didn't check to see if they were non GMO or soy free.

happy duck, there are several brands of non gmo chicken feed but it comes down to what is available to you locally unless you want it shipped to you such as through chewy.com Your best bet is to see what brands are being carried at stores near you and if they don't have exactly what you want research what else those brands make and see if the store will special order it. Even tractor supply carries Organic feeds, though I didn't check to see if they were non GMO or soy free.
Ok. I will look! So if something is organic it is non gmo right?

so confusing!!!:barnie
Well if it is a brand....is it a good brand? Is it one that I should look into?
I would say no because the birds will have the option to pick and choose which grains they want to eat which can lead to them only eating certain ones which can then lead to them not getting a complete diet.
Scratch and Peck feed looks like this:
Screen Shot 2018-07-28 at 2.40.40 PM.png

A pelleted or crumble feed...doesn't give them the option to pick and choose what they want to eat.

It looks like this:
(Crumble on left pellet on right)
Screen Shot 2018-07-28 at 2.43.30 PM.png

Back
Top Bottom