What is the going price of a good laying hen?

Quote:
WOW! I really should move there...
smile.png

I bet the cost of living is out of sight.

cost of living is getting higher and higher, noticing the effects almost on a daily basis. Because of the limited availability of most anything you would want, people will pay what ever the going price of things are. For the past couple of months, I have been running out of chickens faster than I can breed them! I set 300 eggs in my incubator at a time. My last hatch was on 9/29 and I have already sold out, and the calls keep coming in. The only product on the market that continues to drop is the real estate market, lots of houses setting vacant, lots of foreclosures, and the middle guy is getting pushed out. The island is turning into the have's and have nots! Sad times for Hawaii nei!

I am selling two of my true Ameraucana roos today for 10$ each! I could sell my pullets for 15$ but not until I choose the ones i want.

yaaa. i paid 12 per pullet, and 8 per pullet banty for my original 5. 1 banty, 1 barred rock, 1 aericuana, 2 golden comets.

since then, ive been buying fertilized eggs and letting my chickens do the work, lol.

This is an old tread (5 years).

Interesting read though.

I paid $12 for birds 2 weeks from laying, this and last year.

Readily available in my area around Mother's Day.

It was interesting. I looked back at my post here in 2010 and the prices I gave then, compared to now. didn't realize birds were so cheap then. course, feed has gone up a lot, too.

Back
Top Bottom