What is you average hatch rate for heratige turkeys?

this is a link to the incubator i use: http://incubatorwarehouse.com/brinsea-octagon-40-advance-egg-incubator.html
i also have 2 styrofoam tabletops
at my school we have 3 sportsman 1520 that i will be able to use for next year so i really want to get a good method going so i can have a really good hatch rate!

The only real difference between hatching chicken eggs and hatching turkey eggs is 21 days for chickens and 28 days for turkeys.

Read Hatching Eggs 101 by @Sally Sunshine

Also read

http://www.porterturkeys.com/egghatchingtips.htm

Method- artificial Brinsea octagon 48
Hatch rate- 27%
Temperature- 99.5/100.5
Humidity- Incubation 20%, Lock down 60-70%
my fertility is good and when i have sent them to other people they have always had a lot of success with my eggs. For example today someone just hatches 10/12 Narragansett eggs for us only 2 infertile. I have 1 narry tom and 3 hens
yes, agree with Bob. Humidity is NEVER EVER a set number.... weather conditions will change, each breed, each egg can easily require different humidity levels throughout incubation. Always calibrate and never rely on the bators readings unless you have calibrated them.
this paste/copy will work with turkey hatching too.... see the humidity section please and the others if you have time. I would love to help you out on your next hatch, you can find me in the educational incubation thread should you want to ask any specifics too. ChickenCanoe Phage and quite a few others also hang out there and can help tremendously with incubation and other issues with the flocks etc.
A MUST READ***** BASICS!!! INCUBATION QUESTIONS w/answers post #15921

Also if you look at our notes article from the thread, there is a section under egg collection and storage which can really help a hatch. Have you ever eggtopsied your eggs to see how far they came along and when they quit? sometimes its as simple as adding vitamiins to your flock! See this article and look for that info....
NOTES LINKS & Informational POST LINKS -

Well our first Turkey hatch is done, with 90% success. 1 of 10 didn't bother to pip and when I opened it up it was still. The first 5 are in the brooder experimenting with food and water while the last 4 are drying out. The last one was glued in, so I had to help it out and moisten the gunk off.

Well our first Turkey hatch is done, with 90% success. 1 of 10 didn't bother to pip and when I opened it up it was still. The first 5 are in the brooder experimenting with food and water while the last 4 are drying out. The last one was glued in, so I had to help it out and moisten the gunk off.
woot.gif

Im glad someone is having good luck!!
bow.gif

My typical turkey hatch rate ranges from 85-100% depending. I hatch every week. I use a GQF cabinet for incubation, humidity around 32% and temp at 100°. I hatch in a GQF hova bator right around 98-100° and roughly 70% humidity.

what are your humidity set to? @mandelyn

During incubation it ranges from 25%-45% based on how much attention it gets. During hatching it's between 60%-70% fairly consistently.

The second hatch yielded 9 of 11. They're off to a good start at 1 day old!

Back
Top Bottom