What is your friendliest Chicken? What breed is it?

Rhoda is my Rhode Island red shown in this pic. She is my favourite and is at the top of the pecking order.

So what va
Darla, is my favorite. She is a bantam cochin and I just recenlty figured out what variety because I want to get her a roo that would make babies as cute as her. She has been used for show and tell at my boys' preschools and more. She doesn't even quit laying (for a cochin at least) after trips into town and being handled by about 20 kids (while under VERY close supervision of corse).

I lover her!

so what variety is she? She's gorgeous!

Love the stories..keep em comin. Most everyone has a different breed that is their friendliest and the pics are all so beautiful. We ordered 8 more for next spring. All of ours (except the 4 layers) are different. Our friendliest Pepper (Dominique) has her days when she is ornery as all get out. Just depends on how she feels.
big_smile.png

Ok i once had a Plymouth Rock. I thought it was a female so i named it Haysha. We found out he was a rooster and had to give her away to a chicken breeder that had a small chicken farm. We swapped him for a light sussex X Rhode island red. That chook died from a sickness that we didnt know how to cure. Haysha was one of my favourite chickens. Peri Peri was the other but she died from the sickness i explained earlier.

Ok i once had a Plymouth Rock. I thought it was a female so i named it Haysha. We found out he was a rooster and had to give her away to a chicken breeder that had a small chicken farm. We swapped him for a light sussex X Rhode island red. That chook died from a sickness that we didnt know how to cure. Haysha was one of my favourite chickens. Peri Peri was the other but she died from the sickness i explained earlier.

I love my Rocks. My broody just hatched 2 chicks. I am going to work on Blue Barred Rocks.

Back
Top Bottom