What is your friendliest Chicken? What breed is it?

I'm sure we've all encountered people that "just don't get it." We "chicken-people" are truly a different breed!
I love looking at all these very loved chickens!

D.gif

We love our ladies very much. Its strange for me though because I was TERRIFIED of chickens until my MIL gave us a couple chicks and ducks from her farm to raise for the summer. Now Im so attached that Im not giving them back! Lol!

Friendliest or Most Tolerant? This is our daughter Emma with her Barred Rock, Lucky. The silly chicken falls asleep in Emma's arms while they're taking a walk or just hanging out in the yard. Lucky is missing her middle toe on her left foot. She gets her toenails painted, likes to help out in the garden and chill out with an afternoon cocktail or a bit of tv... she even went camping with us for July 4 weekend and went swimming in Cayuga Lake! special...
My husband's little girlfriend is SweetiePie, a Buff Orpington. She does a little hula dance in front of him to get a little snacky snack and then jumps into his cupped hands. She pecks at any of the other girls that get too close to Daddy-O!

Omgosh! I LOVE this! Adorable and its awesome that she gets her toes painted :D

My momma Buff Orphington is such a sweetie it happened while she was broody. I sure wish I could just get an ounce of her sweetness into that mean ole roo.

Hands down our nicest chicken is Creampuff, the orpington. Everytime I come outside she runs up and begs for food. Sometimes she even jumps onto my lap!

orpington (This is NOT Creampuff)

I have a rooster, Danny the partdrige cochin, who while he won't COME UP to you, he'll let you pick him up and snuggle him.

Otherwise my RIR crossed and orps are the friendleist, they ALL love to chase you but those 2 will come up looking for treats.

My sick pet chicken, Cinnamon. :'( She's dying...I'm going to miss her soo much!!!!!

Several of our baby chicks died the first few day we had them and it was sad, but I lost my first adult hen, Dumpling, last week and I still tear up if I think about it. I have hasd all sors to pets in my life and though most of them were well loved and died of old age and it's always sad to loose one. That said, I can honestly say that I have never loved an animal the way I love these hens.

Sorry to hear about Cinnamon.

I have already posted that out friendliest and least friendly hens are BOTH RIR. But with everything I read about temperament before getting our first chicks, it's interesting that every breed is well represented on this thread!

I have already posted that out friendliest and least friendly hens are BOTH RIR. But with everything I read about temperament before getting our first chicks, it's interesting that every breed is well represented on this thread!
Ya know its funny because I hated RIR's before because they were supposed to be mean! Ours are crosses but still have a RIR look to them!!

Back
Top Bottom